Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ICARE09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 05:52 PM
    Are you paying too much for Assisted Living? / Georgia
    Are you paying too much for assisted living? If you are how much are you paying per month? Would you look for another facility that is cheaper or would you just complain and leave your loved ones there.

ICARE09
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 06:32 PM
    I don't think complaining is going to do any good, if you can't afford it or feel that you are not getting your moneys worth, than find a new place.

My Mother in Law is paying 'right now' about $2500.00 a month. She bought insurance for care so that is covering it at this point. If she gets lazy and bossy IE "I don't want to run my own shower, you should do it" than it costs her $100.00 a shower. Twice a week another $800.00 a month.
    We have had to stop her asking people to peel her oranges and little things like that, because she is capable, but feels that she is paying all this money, they should be fluffing her pillows. We think she understands as of today. :) otherwise she ends up paying close to $4000.00 a month and she will run out of money.:eek:

The less she uses the less expensive it is and the longer the insurance money lasts, but she has to use at least 2 special items (which she needs) or the insurance won't cover it any longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Living/Working Overseas; paying NJ income tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am now a legal resident of a country overseas. This country doesn't have an income tax. I moved here from NJ where I was a resident, and will NOT return to NJ when I go back to USA. I do NOT own property in NJ as I was a renter there, but my stuff is in storage there. I still have a NJ...

Brother is living in apt w/o paying rent for years. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my siblings & I own a house in nyc. A cpl of the apts are rented & one of my brothers lives there rent free in return for taking care of the repairs when needed but does it only when he wants to & doesn't always finish the jobs. A cpl of years ago I mentioned to him that he needed to pay...

Debt Forgiveness for Senior in Assisted Living on Medicare [ 1 Answers ]

My 72 year old uncle is moving into an assisted living center. Medicare is paying for just about everything. But he still has some outside debt. He won't be able to pay that off, since all his money is goint to assisted living. What can we tell his creditors?

People without lease living in Mom's house, not paying [ 3 Answers ]

There is a family living in my Mom's house (she passed away in July) who are not paying. They had a verbal agreement with my Mom to pay rent and utilities, but are $3,600+ behind. My Mom was going to tell them to leave but died before she got the chance. The house is now part of her estate and...

Assisted Living [ 4 Answers ]

How do I write a letter of introuction to or an Alzheimers Asiisted Livning?

View more questions Search