Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    urbancowgirl7 Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2009, 04:46 PM
    Old Version Of The Little Mermaid
    I was cruising through some video's on YouTube today and I stumbled over this old japanese video based on the story of The Little Mermaid. It made me think of this movie I had when I was a young girl, which was between the years of 1985 and 1995. I don't remember much about it, in all honesty. The little bit I do remember is as follows:

1. It was the ORIGINAL story of "The Little Mermaid", not the happily ever after, Disney version.

2. It seems like it was Japanese made (i.e. - it had a anime look to it), but it was in english.

3. I'm pretty sure the mermaid had blonde hair.

4. At the beginning before the credits, like, where the production company's symbol always shows up, I remember there being a shoe... and I think it either tied or untied as the music played in the back ground.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks in advance to anyone who's willing to try!
    fiend101 Posts: 234, Reputation: 56

Sep 5, 2009, 05:07 PM

Hans Christian Anderson's Little Mermaid
    urbancowgirl7 Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Sep 5, 2009, 05:34 PM

I checked that one out... it's not the one! Thanks though!
    bubba84 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 09:13 AM
    I'm sure I seen that same 1 and am looking 4 it I seen it as a child and cried cause she dies like in the book cause she can't break the princes heart by stabbing his new bride by sunrise/sunset no 2 sure about that part. And it was definitely english and animation and she to had blonde hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mermaid movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was really young so it was probably around the early 90's. It could have been a made for TV movie but I really don't know. All I remember is that a guy falls in love with a mermaid. The characters are younger and there's gold high heal shoes that he gets at the...

Mermaid movie [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a vintage mermaid movie a few years ago and i need help figuring out the title. It was british, in color, 1940s, comedy I only remember, that the woman who was the mermaid was blond and she lived in a cottage right on the ocean. There was a staircase that she could walk down from...

Little mermaid [ 2 Answers ]

What is the prince's name?

Name of an anime-version of The Little Mermaid? [ 1 Answers ]

There is an anime-style version of The Little Mermaid that follows closely to the original version (where the mermaid, Marina, kills herself at the end). She also has a side-kick that is a dolphin. It's probably from around the 80s. Does anyone know what it is called or who produced it or where I...

Mermaid toy [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a childhood friend. She was a mermaid batch toy her tail would change colors and if your pressed her stomach she would sing a song. I can't remember her name I am guessing she was made in the 1990s if any one could help I would appreciate it!! :p

View more questions Search