Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mech inept Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 09:58 AM
    1999 Frigidaire washer leaking/not draining/smells like something is burning
    I have a 1999 Frigidaire washing machine . When a load of clothes was washing water leaked all over the floor. The machine was still running but the knob looked like it was at the end of the cycle, like the load was done. The tub was still full of water. It smelled like something was burning. Any idea what could be going on? Thanks for any help.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 5, 2009, 01:11 PM
    The belt could have burnt causing the smell and the water left. Drain the washer and have a look at the belt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Advantage washing machine stopped mid-cycle and smells like burning rubber [ 1 Answers ]

The washer filled just fine, but it did not complete the wash cycle (it's still full of water and soap). An awful smell of burning rubber came from the machine after it stopped. Is there an obvious thing that we should check first? Should we check the drive belt? Also, is there any reason, if we...

Frigidaire washer noise and leaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a frigidaire top loading washer that has developed a strange noise when aggitating and now I have water coming out underneath in the front area on the floor. This washer is 6 years old. I was told it might be the transmission going out.The washer is model1233 galaxy

Oil smells like turpentine leaking into sump pump [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - We just moved into a house and it REEKS of turpentine or paint thinner. To figure out what the heck it was, we opened the door to the basement and the smell practically knocked us down. Further investigation reveals that there is a pinkish oily substance dripping from the walls of the sump...

Water Tank Fuses Blow 3x/Week, Box Smells Like It's Burning, Sparks When I Replace [ 6 Answers ]

The fuses. My landlord said that it's perfectly normal for the fuse to create a spark when I screw it in because I'm making a connection. It has NEVER done this before. My landlord said that I'm screwing the fuse in too slow, which is why I'm seeing them. Then he screwed it in at the same...

Bryant plus 90 furnace Smells like elecrical burning. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I hope someone can answer my question. I have a Bryant furnace Plus 90 model and I started smelling like electrical burning through one of the air ducts that goes to the upstairs of my home. It is hot right above the access panel. Could someone tell me what this could be. I can only smell...

View more questions Search