Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2009, 06:53 AM
    Do you know this philosopher?
    My english lit. teacher told me about a philosopher who had a grandfather clock made for him. Instead of the clock ringing or making a bell-like sound, it spoke out, "___hours and ___minutes closer to death." My teacher doesn't know the time which this philosopher lived, or even has a clue about who he was. Anyone happen to have an idea? I've tried researching it but I can't find any info about it.
    Tokugawa Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2009, 08:00 AM
    Death clock? Think I saw it on futurama.
    Tokugawa Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Sep 5, 2009, 08:05 AM

Actually, what you are describing sounds like a fairy tale. Read some Plato, the father of western thought, and then reconsider your views concerning philosophy.
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Sep 5, 2009, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    Actually, what you are describing sounds like a fairy tale. Read some Plato, the father of western thought, and then reconsider your views concerning philosophy.
    Yeah I doubt my teacher is having me search for a fairy tale. And my views on philosophy had nothing to do with this question. I simply thought someone maybe had an idea of what I was talking about.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 04:18 PM

Could this be in anyway related to what you mention?

Grandfather Clock

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How philosopher earn their living [ 8 Answers ]

I love philosophy but I'm having doubt putting it as my course of study because I don't know how they earn their living,which type of office they are employed to and what their work is in the office.Any information?please help.Thank you

View more questions Search