Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 11:56 PM
    New home business
    Hi there, I live on a small island... and there is plenty of competition with businesses, any type of businesses.
    Would anyone have an idea for a unique home business?

I have a degree in Business Management and my husband is self-emp electrician..

Any ideas what I can do with not many overheads?

Im tired of being employed... I feel I can do more.

Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 4, 2009, 02:50 AM

Krs, in this economy I want to be employed. I do two jobs, one is casual and on call after hours. It works for me. I have a stained glass business I barely have time for cause can't commit to a commission and the time it takes. That is my home business.

Unless you have a real money making idea for home based business that will get off the ground fast and make you the money you need, replacing what you woulld have made being employed, then great go for it. Like you say though, there is plenty of competition where you are, and basically all over the place. Everyone thinks working from home is the best approach when actually it does require a lot of thought and planning... and discipline, especially when you are close to the kitchen.

Do more then, do both, If you manage right you can still have time for yourself.

Tick
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 02:53 AM
    I wish there could be more I could do for my husband.. to make more money where I can help.. but not sure what I can do to expand his business...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 4, 2009, 03:02 AM
    [QUOTE=Krs;1962142]I wish there could be more I could do for my husband.. to make more money where I can help.. but not sure what I can do to expand his business... [/QUOTE

Who does his books, Krs ? Or, you could do mailers and if you have a good computer programme, that does almost all the work for you.

Tick
    frank0405 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 02:06 PM

Hey while asking question, please put the place you live, so that the guys can have an idea about your place and how they can help you...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Hi, Krs!

How close is where you live to major metropolitan areas, please?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business from home [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up my air ticketing business from home. Kind regards

Business from home [ 1 Answers ]

I am so confused has to what business to do, I don't mind going door to door but I am lost has to what business I could do. I am tired of being an employee I want to do something of my own. If you could sugest what I could do would apperciate that... Thank you

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

Home run business [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I live in Ohio and we are thinking of starting a private day care center from our home for people who might need someone to care for a family member while they work or go on vacation. We recently took care of my wife's ailing mother for almost 2 years before she passed away this past...

Home business [ 2 Answers ]

I will be caring for a child in my home (5 days a week, 8hrs. A day). Do I have to pay taxes on my income ($95. A day), and if so, how do I go about it? Thanks. :)

View more questions Search