Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2004, 03:14 PM
    Weird behaviour
    My siamese cat, nearly 10 years old, has a weird behaviour which I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of... right after I give him a special treat and he eats it, he goes to my bedroom and howls piteously for about 10 minutes, unless I tell him to be quiet or pay attention to him. This only happens after a treat, no matter what it is. One of my friends thought maybe he has a stomachache after eating, but then why wouldn't he throw up the treat, like he usually does if something disagrees with him? Anyway, it's weird and I would appreciate any comments!
    seemysmile Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 02:07 PM
    I am a foster home and take care of several cats. All of our babies have many different personality traits. Watch your cat and try to notice if he starts while posing at the mirrors. I find that I have one that goes into my room and howls as yours. I've noticed that he only does this while looking in the mirror at himself. He continues on long this for several minutes or hours depending on how long before we ask him to stop. Sometimes for his sake I don't bother him for awhile.
    I also have only one other that does this. This is when he's decided its "bedtime" and wants me to come lay with him. He is one of our own "original cats". Meaning I had him before we became a foster home and he sometimes feels ignored or left out of the mix.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 07:16 PM
    My Pyret doesn't howl at mirrors. No... she goes and sits down facing a corner and meows. I don't know why... maybe she likes the way her voice sounds bouncing off the wall?
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 20, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    My siamese cat, nearly 10 years old, has a weird behaviour which I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of... right after I give him a special treat and he eats it, he goes to my bedroom and howls piteously for about 10 minutes, unless I tell him to be quiet or pay attention to him. This only happens after a treat, no matter what it is. One of my friends thought maybe he has a stomachache after eating, but then why wouldn't he throw up the treat, like he usually does if something disagrees with him? Anyways, it's weird and I would appreciate any comments!
    Siamese cat are howlers.
    I think he knows you will come in there if he does this.This is a cat call-he wants your attention,or perhaps a nice belly rub.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sociopathic behaviour herditary? [ 7 Answers ]

Lately I've received copies of several medical records for both of my biological parents (both are deceased). I wanted these files primarily because I'm expecting my first child and want my family to be as healthy as possible, and I also for my own health information. I've been going over my...

Puppy behaviour help needed! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I need some advice if at all possible please. I have a 10 month old puppy - a chocolate lab/weimaraner cross - and we also have four ferrets. The ferrets are used to being out of their cages and having the run of the house for most of the day, but since we got the puppy, they have had to...

Sudden Violent Behaviour [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is about nine months old. He is a neutered Husky Shepherd cross. He is normally a friendly kind albeit hyper dog. Tonight however, he lunged and snapped at my fiancé for no reason. Curtis (fiance) was sitting on the couch petting Nico (the dog) when the dog lashed out with his front paws...

My dog's behaviour [ 4 Answers ]

I noticed a strange behaviour in my dog, late this evening. He is 7 years of age and is a spitz dog. Today I suddenly found him restless about half an hour after he took his evening meal. He was shivvering in some kind of fear and was trying to hide himself at some corner. Or tried to enetr toilet...

Queens worrying behaviour [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I hope someone can put my mind at rest?? after searching the net I still am no wiser, my cat Angel has a litter of 5 kittens, they are 3weeks and 3 days old, she is a good mother, never far away from them and if one should squeak she's straight back there to see what's up, washes them and...

View more questions Search