Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joytexas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Can I substitute Poly pipe for PVC?
    I have a tree root that has put stress on the joints of 1" PVC coming from well to house. I am not familiar with POLY pipe, but someone mentioned it, and I'm thinking it would help with the root stress without too much work. I have made repairs with PVC before, but have no experience with the POLY. I read that the black poly is not that durable. Any thought? Thanks so much. Clayton Clark - Joy, TX
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 12:08 PM

Poly pipe isn't specific. PVC is called poly by some and there used to be Polypropylene which started failing after many years. What poly are you considering? Best bet is to dig down and cut out the root, old pipe may be fine after that unless its collapsed or cracked

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Poly cystic overies [ 2 Answers ]

I just saw the show with Dr Oz in regards to a question asked from the audience. This very brave woman stood up and advised of the abnormal amount of hair on her face. She too had been diagnosed with PCOD. Dr Oz mentioned that there are other medications that can be used instead of Birth Control...

Poly cystic ovarian syndrome [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone my name is Judith Grissam my husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year now I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome and I was wondering if anybody out there has any information that could help us we would greatly appreciate anything. So far we have tried almost everything...

Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 22 and I have PCOS, so I know I'm going to have fertility issues. It makes me really sad knowing that I might not be able to have my own children because that's one of my biggest dreams in life. I was just wondering if anybody has this here and has successfully had children?

View more questions Search