Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 09:55 AM
    Netgear WG111v2
    Hello.

Aparently this is a common issue. I installed my new netgear WG111v2 wireless card last night. Shut down of course before bed. When I got up this mornign to log on, it had the classic windows log on window. Which I don't like. I like the 'fast user switching' feature, that lists the users and picture and such. Simply because my daughter and I share this, and she has her own log on, and its easier for her to do it that way (she is almost 6, and NOT allowed access to the internet, which is NOT on her user log in)

SO I looked it up, found out it was a simple registry issue with a program called rtlgina2, that is NEEDED for the wireless card, but seems to have issues with the fast user switching feature.

So on to my question.

I found this site...

PC Hell: How to Fix RtlGina2.dll error with Windows XP Welcome Screen

And I am wondering if anyone knows this program that is offered for this issue, if its safe and such. If no one knows, I Won't be using it. And simply will help my daughter log on from now on. (its not THAT big of a deal lol. But she does like doing it herself)

Aparently it's a registry program that will replace the rltgina2, with the original rtlgina program that IS compatible with the fast user switching feature.

The person who wrote the article and made the program SAYS that the wireless usb port will still work just fine with the original rtlgina program.

Thanks everyone.

OR if simply using my CCleaner (that cleans the registry) would do the same?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 03:26 PM

It's a legit file.

Ref:

RtlGIna2.dll file | 3 of 3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Netgear DG8334G v3 [ 1 Answers ]

I am typing the netgear website log in number. 192.168.0.1 to get the password key to connect my new computer to wireless internet. Jogenes

Netgear DG834gt [ 1 Answers ]

Having recently purchased a Netgear DG834GT/GTB firewall router, I cannot access the router 192.168.0.1 as many other people can't either. Any other solutions??

Netgear WGR614v5 [ 12 Answers ]

Why do I need to be connected to my net gear WGR614v5 wireless router with my internet cable, when I'm not connected to the router and try to search for wireless networks in range the computer tells me that windows cannot configure the wireless because of the programmes being run, this has only...

Netgear problems [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a router and for various reasons I had to tweak it, but, since I haven't logged in in so long, I forgot where I put the password, and had to reset the router - thinking it would be no problem just to reset the controls to the way I want them, since I knew the default password and all...

Netgear USB Adapter [ 1 Answers ]

I have two USB adapters and cannot get either to work. I know I may be a little dense. I am trying to link a Laptop (which has its own adapter) to my PC and thereby to my Printer, but I give up!!

View more questions Search