Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tiger Ranger Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Need aManual for old Dynamark 5HP/20" Snowblower
    My Neighbour has acquired an old Dynamark 5 H.P. / 20 inch wide Snowblower that was given to him.It's a Dual Stage with a Speed lever handle that runs Horizontally across the back of the chassis and the Body is a Dark Green in colour.I have been able to find out that Dynamark is sold by Sears and that Dynamark is made by Noma.It has a Tecumseh Snow King Engine and I was able through the engine serial number to get the PDF file on the Engine and parts list for him.I have that printed out now.

Does anyone know where I can find either an online printable version or a Hard Copy of the actual Owners Manual and Body Schematics for this Snowblower?
    Below the Engine Number,the only other number is DOM 4186 D
    Would appreciate any help... we think the Blower is about 10 to 20 years old.. and it runs like a charm so far.Part numbers for the body and Belts and Pulley's would be helpful...
    Thanks... Joe.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Sep 2, 2009, 07:15 PM

Hi,
    Try looking inside the bends in the backside of the handles for a model number tag; probably in the format of XXXX-XXX. You may want to try looking under Murray at:
    Free lawn and garden product owners manuals, user guides & how-to instructions | ManualsOnline
    The other place that I could possibly reference would parts breakdowns only, and the site is down at the moment.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS I can do things with the engine number, but the date code DOM 186th day of XXX4 year.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 07:54 PM

Usually use Dayco - MarkIV - Automotive Worldwide Website to find a belt. Armed with their number go visit a NAPA autoparts store. Dynamark isn't listed as a brand.

Sep 3, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Thanks for the help.I will try thatinformation for a solution.Good advice...
    Much appreciated... Joe.

Sep 3, 2009, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    Try looking inside the bends in the backside of the handles for a model number tag; probably in the format of XXXX-XXX. You may want to try looking under Murray at:
    Free lawn and garden product owners manuals, user guides & how-to instructions | ManualsOnline
    The other place that I could possibly reference would parts breakdowns only, and the site is down at the moment.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS I can do things with the engine number, but the date code DOM 186th day of XXX4 year.
    Thank you...
    I will take a look tomorrow ans see if the model number is there in the area of the handles.Great advice... Thankyou very much... Joe.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2009, 06:57 PM

And, of course, www.searspartsdirect.com
    URBS Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Ranger View Post
    My Neighbour has acquired an old Dynamark 5 H.P. / 20 inch wide Snowblower that was given to him.It's a Dual Stage with a Speed lever handle that runs Horizontally across the back of the chassis and the Body is a Dark Green in colour.I have been able to find out that Dynamark is sold by Sears and that Dynamark is made by Noma.It has a Tecumseh Snow King Engine and I was able through the engine serial number to get the PDF file on the Engine and parts list for him.I have that printed out now.

Does anyone know where I can find either an online printable version or a Hard Copy of the actual Owners Manual and Body Schematics for this Snowblower?
    Below the Engine Number,the only other number is DOM 4186 D
    Would appreciate any help...we think the Blower is about 10 to 20 years old..and it runs like a charm so far.Part numbers for the body and Belts and Pulley's would be helpful....
    Thanks... Joe.
    How did you make out? I am in need of parts and a manual. I need to figure out how to put the slave and drive shats back in and the chains. The uppermost gear in this area shattered and someone dissassembled the unit.

Thanks

Bruce

Jan 1, 2010, 02:12 PM

Hi,
    Do you happen to have the model numbers? May be able to help.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Jan 1, 2010, 02:33 PM

No can't find them but I did find this video on Youtube of the same model.\\http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohGn3XVT-1Ib

Thanks

Jan 1, 2010, 02:49 PM

Hi,
    All I got was a malformed video ID message.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Jan 1, 2010, 06:16 PM

YouTube - 5HP Tecumseh Dynamark Snowthrower

Jan 1, 2010, 06:17 PM
    YouTube - 5HP Tecumseh Dynamark Snowthrower

Jan 1, 2010, 09:41 PM

Hi,
    I could clearly see the model tag to the rear of the right wheel/tire. The best list of models is here:
    Murray Parts Diagram Indexes for Snowthrowers ( 3865 models )
    Peace,
    Clarke

Jan 2, 2010, 06:26 AM

Silly me. THat's not where it was but I did find it on the left covered in crap.

Model 5359-0900

Thanks

Jan 2, 2010, 08:15 AM

Hi,
    The YouTube video could be backwards as well. My guess is yours is in the neighborhood of 25 years old and it will be difficult to find info because of ownership changes that were less than amicable.
    You may try a search of "snowthrower forums" and will get:
    snowblowerguide.com | Home
    Snowmobile Parts, ATV Parts, Go Kart Parts, Mini Bike Part, Lawn Mower Parts, Chainsaw Part and Small Engine Parts
    - The Best Snowblower & Lawnmower Forum - • Index page
    Among others.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Jan 2, 2010, 12:07 PM

Thanks for the help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dynamark Murray/ Noma Snowblower key [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Dynamark snow blower made by Murray/Noma. Who sells these things? Are they any good... It was given to me Where can I get the plastic key to start it. I'm knee deep in snow and the key is some where in it!

Craftsman 20" 2cyl snowblower,gas dumping right out [ 1 Answers ]

Craftsman 20" 2cyl snowblower,gas dumping right out of carb.oily mixture coming out exhaust.barley running won't idle up.it seemed when I took off primer hose at carb it ran better. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know much about carbs.thanks,greg

Mowing deck belt for Dynamark 11hp/36 inch cut [ 1 Answers ]

I recently acquired a used Dynamark garden tractor which was really cheap because the original owner could not figure out what belt size he needed for the tractor. We assumed it would not be a problem to get the right belt. We found out we were wrong and it has become a nightmare trying to figure...

View more questions Search