Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cat623 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 11:41 AM
    mobile home reposession laws?
    hi, I have a question and I know this is a small amount but right now it is very large to me, cannot get a personal loan to cover balance and no family to borrow from.. thanks for any ideas or help you might give.

we owe approx $1000.00
    on our 96 mobile home it values at $6,000.00. We have been sent a right to cure default by greentree and I contacted the company to see what we could do to make payment arrangements. I called in June and was verbally abused on the phone for over an hour. I tried to be nice and work out something I set up 3 payment arrangements and now have only August 5 payment due. Before we hung up he told me to call in and arrange for the August payment later. I called to see if I could move the 3rd payment (set up through checking) from 8-31-09 because we had unforseen child's medical bill to move to 9-3-09. This guy I have only talked to one time, goes off and screams and yells and says "what u shoiuld have done is leave me alone so now you can pay me 2 payments 600.00 today!!!!!" he says I remamber you now, do I need to call your husband at work? Then I told him I already told you he cannot have personal calls at work he has no diorect extension or line. He says you have one hour make it happen. That was on 8-28-09. I don't want to lose my home we are caught up except for August payment. Cannot borrow the money to pay off and no family to help. Someone help me with abusive credit laws and how long does it take before they can come take our home? He said I will have the sheriff come with me and you all will leave. We haven't been served anything from courts yet. Is he being a bully? Can they come throw you out without notice or 30 days? I told my husband we could probably have it paid for before anything could happen through court because its such a small amount. But would like to know for sure I have kids and no family to live with. He left abusive nasty message on hubbys work phone about me and to call him. How do I get help? The office he calls from greentree is in Lexington. Surely this home isn't worth it to come and move on landthats not mine for this small amount we owe them. Anyway, I figure we can probably have it paid off in payments before they try to get it but this company, after doing lost of research has a nasty reputation for threats and literally anything possible. Does anyone have any advice? Contract is "installment contract and security agreement" says I will have right to cure default during notice period. If I do not,can use acceleration (pay entire balance) or repossession. Can they throw us out before being served anything legally?
    How long does this process usually take?
    cat623 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 11:55 AM

Also I am sure that although that 6,000 is my rate the property is taxed at there's no way they could sell it for that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laws on mobile home lot rental [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if your mobile home is on some one else's land, can that person stop you from moving it if he says there is rent due? Can I get some one to pull it out and then let him sue me for lot rent? The owner of the property told the previous owner of the mobile home that he wanted the...

Mobile Home Onwer - Reposession? [ 10 Answers ]

I lease the land that occupies my 2004 Fleetwood Mobile Home. I recently learned that the Mobile Home Community Park Owner is selling the land/park to a Realestate Land Developer within the next 12 months.At that time, we'll need to evacuate the park and find another place to move our homes. It...

Mobile Home reposession [ 11 Answers ]

My husbands parents, own a mobile home. Last year, his mother, was in the hospital for one month, for heart failure and respitory failure. She was also in a coma. His father is on social security and can no longer pay for the mobile home. They are currently 3 months behind of the payments. The...

Mobile home reposession [ 1 Answers ]

From PM:

View more questions Search