Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Concerned450 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Theft under 5000 first offence Canada, Quebec
    Hi I recently stole $2000 in a series of 3months from my work the loss prevention officer finally stopped me. I'm getting charged for theft under 5000. I've checked around a whole bunch of sites and got most of the info I needed. What I need to know is that in canada how much time in prison would I roughly serve or is there a way for me to avoid jail without an attorney as I can't afford one also when going to court is it better to plead guilty or fight for trying to get away with it its my first offence I'm 19years old I've never been convicted or arrested in my life before
    All help is greatly appreciated I'm sorry about the quick typing I'm using a cell phone as my family logs all the pc's in my house
    Thank you

Sep 4, 2009, 11:39 PM
    Does anyone no
    xsosorry Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Hey concerned, I'm curious to know how your case turned out? If you could let me know I would appreciate it!

Feb 29, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Xsosorry,

For my case I was given a criminal discharge. Basically I had to repay the loss to my employer and I would have no record... but I did have a lawyer. If you make less than $7000 yearly salary you can get a public defender to represent you there free so it helps save money. I couldn't use it but I did get some help from them (asked questions).

It was good advice and they really helped me realize that I really needed a lawyer.

I got a lot of info and help from these people.

Aide Juridique de Laval - 1717 Bd St Martin Ouest, QC

I wish you the best of luck and let me know if you need anything else.

The only thing I can say if and before you contact them is don't abuse the questions because they will ask you to show up to verify that you qualify for their program.

Best thing is span your questions out a couple of days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000, first offence, over 18 [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there. At the end of January, I was caught shoplifting at Sears, and was taken by Sears security into their office. I gave back what I had taken (socks and underwear), and co-operated with everyone. The security guard wrote down that I had co-operated and that it would look well in the judge's...

Theft under 5000. First offence? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I see that there are many questions with the same topic... but I haven't seen anyone with the same situation as I do... so here's my question... I was caught by undercover security while shoplifting at walmart with a friend of mine. The total of the things came to around $50... the police...

THEFT UNDER $5000 - second offence. (1st offence = theft from employer) [ 10 Answers ]

I am 19 years old. Living in british columbia, canada. Yesterday me and my friend were shoplifting at metrotown mall.. we were being followed around the mall because of our big purses and did not know it until we went into "old navy" where we saw a bunch of bathing suits and flip flops and jammed...

First offence theft under $5000 [ 7 Answers ]

Today I was arrested for shoplifting at walmart. It was about $75 worth of makeup(3 items).. my court date isn't for over a month... does anyone know the outcome for something like this?!

Theft under 5000 2nd offence [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew the average sentencing of this offence for a minor and if I will have a worse sentence because of a prior charge. I was drinking one night when I came across some merchandise that the cops planted the stuff and they caught me taking it they told me because I was...

View more questions Search