Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violencevictim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 06:47 PM
    What can I expect?
    In April 2009, my then husband beat me up. He was arrested on Domestic Violence charges. I was granted an injunction for the period of one year. He violated the injunction twice and was charged two counts of misdemeanor VOI and was accepted into the diversion program by entering DVIP and probation for 26 weeks. A few weeks ago, he was adjudicated guilty on the Domestic Battery and issued probation for a year. This past Saturday, he violated the injunction again and the deputy said she would charge him with misdemeanor VOI again. His PO called me and confirmed that he was aware of the charge and is waiting for the courts to file the papers so he can reject him from the diversion program. Does anyone have experience with a similar situation? Generally speaking, what will he likely get from returning to court? Is it possible for him to go to jail? I appreciate your help!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 06:53 PM

Most likely what he should get is jail time to at least serve out his sentence.
    violencevictim Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 06:56 PM

Thank you for your quick response! I hope so!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 07:22 PM

After violating the order enough times I'm sure the Judge will sentence him to some time in jail as he has no clue that he did anything wrong. Maybe jail will wake him up.

I am not a big fan of diversion programs for offenders who keep thinking they did nothing wrong and think it's a joke. Well, I sure hope his judge gives him the full treatment to a year in jail.

I am a victim of domestic violence. I had my pelvis broken by my then husband when he kneed me too hard in the groin. I could not stand or walk. I called the police from my hospital bed. When they came to the hospital they told me that they refused to arrest him. This was back in 1978 when there were no such domestic violence laws on the books. Great. Had that incident happened today he would have been in prison for what he did to me. Consider yourself very fortunate that this is not 1978 but 2009 and something CAN be done about your incident.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I expect? [ 6 Answers ]

What should I expect in midle schol?

What to expect? [ 4 Answers ]

Continuing on the same subject, paternity has been confirmed by both me and her ( being the mother). Do I still need to take a DNA test here in Montana? That is beside the point, the situation is that guardianship has been established with her aunt in a nother town. Guardianship was established...

What to expect? [ 12 Answers ]

Hey guys! My first prenatal appointment is this Friday and I will be 6 weeks and 3 days! Can anyone give me some insight on what to expect, what sort of questions will be asked, what will take place, blah de blah de blah. I was also wondering if they will perform a transvaginal ultrasound? ...

What should I expect [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Wyoming and just told my husband that I wanted to file for a divorce. We have a 14 month old son and I don't want him to get custody. My husband is an over the road truck driver and wants to buy his own big rig so I know that he is not going to get a place of his own to live in with our...

View more questions Search