Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 06:29 PM
    What to do?
    I don't know what to do. I got myself in a mess. I saw one of the night managers and this other employee that can do no wrong load one of their trunks with produce out of the cooler on Saturday night.
    I mentioned it to another employee. I know I can't trust the managers there because all they do is tell the employee you complained about them and treat you like the bad guy.
    Anyway the employee told 3 others. One I didn't want to know because I knew he would tell the manager. I also told them that I told someone in the office that would look into it.
    Anyway the manager then went and told the one girl that I had said I saw them taking produce and putting it in her trunk.
    Now they both have an attitude with me. As I was leaving I went in the bathroom to change clothes. One of the college workers asked the girl that took the stuff how she was doing. She said, ''Too much drama. People talking about things they don't know what they are talking about'' I knew she meant that to be directed toward me. I know she will deny that she took the stuff and make it out like I am just making it up or something.

I want to quit anyway because I am sick of the mismanagement, but in the meantime I don't want to deal with the attitudes and when the girl goes and confronts me.
    I told the boss to look at the security films for Saturday night but I don't think they had the cameras running anyway.

My son quit over an incident last year. He kept telling a manager that a couple of the guys were calling him nasty worded names and other things and shoving him around, threatening him and all. They didn't want to deal with it so they told my son to quit if he has a problem so he did.

I just am not looking forward to facing them tomorrow when they ask me why I went and told people.
    I want to just go in and do my work but don't know what I am going to say or do when she does confront me.

Thanks again
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 07:15 PM

Unfortunately NH you are too honest and this type of thing really bothers you (as it would bother me also). I have a habit of putting my foot in my mouth too many times (but I try and keep my shoes clean).

Anyway, you need to tell whoever confronts you that you are there to do your job and if they wish to take things that is their business and then leave it at that! Don't go on about it and for heaven's sake don't bring it up again to anyone at the job.

The drama queen with sticky fingers will find out soon enough what happens to folks like her.

Just show up, do your work as usual, and don't bring up the topic. If the topic does come up, excuse yourself and go into another room and get away from these people. Don't cave in to them and answer them about anything. You already said whatever you're going to say about this, just don't add fuel to the fire accusing anyone. The girl in the office said she'd look into it. Let her do (or not do) her job. It's out of your hands now.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 07:22 PM

Thanks
    Have to spread the rep.
    I know I don't want to bring it up again.
    I am going to try my best to avoid them by going to do wipe the tables or something when they come in whatever area I am in.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 07:33 PM
    I have a similar situation at work where another nurse takes materials to care for a friend of hers.

While I admire her wanting to take care of the infirm... this person is not her "patient." Also, she is stealing from the hospital I work at.

While I would like to turn her in... I value my job, and whistleblowers are not looked at too highly. In the end, she will be caught, but it won't be by my hand and I will not feel guilty about this woman losing her job and not being able to support her family.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Thanks
    Have to spread the rep.
    I know I don't want to bring it up again.
    I am going to try my best to avoid them by going to do wipe the tables or something when they come in whatever area I am in.
    Just remember "today's a new day". The incident will soon pass if you are not around for the others to stoke the fire. Keeping busy is a great idea and will help keep you focused on you.
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    The incident will soon pass if you are not around for the others to stoke the fire. Keeping busy is a great idea and will help keep you focused on you.
    This is one reason I chose the night shift. She works days... I work nights. I can't see her stealing the stuff, but others can.

Is there a possibility for you to switch shifts NH?
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 07:40 PM

Yeah I was thinking about that too.
    This girl broke her back and she is b!-ing that they cut her hours from 11 am to midnight to
    2 pm to midnight. SIX days a week.
    We aren't allowed to have more than 39 hours but she gets all those hours and with a broken back??
    Then she tells everybody she does all the work when she just walks around doing nothing. Even before she broke her back she walked around and did hardly anything.

Too many two faced people and too much bull.
    I want out of there before I lose my sanity.

I already told them I don't want to work nights any more (even before the Sat. Night incident) and that is the main reason. She works mid and night shift. I work day and sat nights but that was my last sat night
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 07:48 PM
    Apparently her back is not truly broken or she would be in a body cast. LOL

Just avoid her the best you can while looking for another job. When you find another job DON't mention this fiasco at ALL!!
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:05 PM

Yeah she says sprained and she wears one of those back braces.

When I quit I am simply saying that I was tired of the mismanagement.

They do so many things half back @$$ wards.
    They put hiring freezes because they can't afford to pay help but they throw tons of food away because they do things like order way too much. Then it goes bad.
    If they take stuff that is starting to go bad that is one thing but they haven't been ordering too much produce this year

For the bagels they put out a large bowl of butter and a large bowl of cream cheese. Then it gets crumbs in it. So everyday at 1 pm they are throwing away about 2 to 3 pounds of butter and 2 to 4 pounds of cream cheese.

When I say why don't you buy large individual containers they say, "Thats too expensive''
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    When I quit I am simply saying that I was tired of the mismanagement.
    That's sure not going to get you hired anywhere else. When they ask a reason... you have a higher paying position lined up.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:16 PM

Yeah I guess that wouldn't be good for a job interview.

She fell off her ladder cleaning her gutters.
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 08:21 PM
    Remember, in this economy, you have to be very careful about how you present yourself. If you even resemble someone who may cause trouble, you will be looked over and the next guy/gal will be hired.

This day in age you have to be extremely cautious if you want to get or keep a job. There are too many people out there that would die for your job. You are very lucky to even have a job right now.

Personally, I wouldn't rock the boat. I'd just shut my mouth and keep on truckin'. No tellin' how long it would take you to get, and keep, a new job in this economy.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:28 PM

Yeah
    I really want to start working for myself.
    I miss scraping but that's even getting tough now.
    I want to start doing clean ups and clean outs again but I don't have the licenses, etc... to really get enough jobs from that.

My best friend from High School said she can get me a job cleaning houses but I'm not crazy about that but I just might.

I want to sell my art and some crafts and things but I don't even know where to begin with that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search