Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imepaula Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Being made fun of at school
    I'm so sick of being mad fun of at school. People push me, throw stuff at me and say cruel stuff. It to the point I want them to hurt the way they have hurt me. I hate them very much. I want to say something to them but I don't want to stoop down to their level what should I do?
    ryzzcake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 06:39 PM

I would stand up for yourself. If you don't like what they're doing do something about it, don't just stand around and let it happen.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 02:02 AM

What do you do when they start pushing you around and throwing things?
    How do you react?

Those idiots only do it to make themselves more popular amongst the other idiots :rolleyes:

I was singled out at school, I basically had no friends until one day I just got "accepted" into the goth group... best friends I ever had. Once I sort of slipped off the radar as a "loner" no-one picked on me anymore.

How old are you as well?
    It was only in my early high school years that this happened because they were to put it nicely "immature morons"
    Once everyone grew up a little they realised that pushing people around did not make you popular.

Sep 2, 2009, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    What do you do when they start pushing you around and throwing things?
    How do you react?

Those idiots only do it to make themselves more popular amoungst the other idiots :rolleyes:

I was singled out at school, I basically had no friends until one day I jsut got "accepted" into the goth group... best friends I ever had. Once I sort of slipped off the radar as a "loner" no-one picked on me anymore.

How old are you as well?
    It was only in my early high school years that this happened because they were to put it nicely "immature morons"
    Once everyone grew up a little they realised that pushing people around did not make you popular.
    I didn't do anything. I am 16; I am a junior.
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Sep 2, 2009, 09:05 PM

I would suggest sticking up for yourself and getting your friends to stick up for you! Talk to your school counselor or teachers you trust!
    If that doesn't work talk to your parents into letting you switch schools tell them your problems and I'm sure they will understand and want to help you in any way possible
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2009, 01:28 AM

At 16 they should have grown out of this behaviour by now.
    They really must be immature for their age.

I personally would use telling teachers as a last resort, sometimes that can get you labeled as as someone who tells on people.

Do what britEl said and just try to stand up for yourself, threaten to go to your teacher if they don't stop, or even start taking some self defence classes or martial arts, not to hurt them, but just to gain some confidence in yourself.
    Martial arts teach self discipline and above all confidece in yourself.
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Sep 3, 2009, 11:19 AM

Even at 16 they can be extremely immature, people at my school didn't grow up until they reached the end of high school and still some are stupid and immature. Also Shazamataz is right keep the telling the teachers as a last resort because they may start making fun of you for that like you're a snitch or something.
    Ninjagirl14 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 06:10 AM

I agree with you have to tell a teacher and just don't listen to them just walk away they just do it to make themselves feel like their cool but its not cool hurting someone and yea I know its tough I had trouble with the same thing and I'm also 16 and I have made it though and now I don't get made fun of it well all pass if they see it doesn't effect you then they won't do it to you and will move on :)
    jaimie02 Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Sep 5, 2009, 03:42 PM

Have you talked to your parents? I know you might feel like a child going to your parents about it, but it is the best idea. Try to stand up for yourself, just like everyone here has said. I know you don't want to stoop to their level, but maybe you have to, just once.

People at my school don't really usually mess with me, because when they do I get them back. Not in a horrible way. But I usually will mouth off to them.. yuou just have to create the tough persona.

But pleaase promise you won't do anything dumb to get in trouble
    Ninjagirl14 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2009, 07:30 PM

But some times standing up for yourself just gets you into more trouble best thing is to just tell your teacher
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Hi, imepaula!

What are some of the things that the others say to you, please?

Thanks!

Sep 6, 2009, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, imepaula!

What are some of the things that the others say to you, please?

Thanks!
    The call me fat , ugly, freak, that I should drop dead, to burn in hell, should go to another school, trip me, throw stuff at me, talk about me, make fun of everything I do good or bad
    mona93 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

Sep 6, 2009, 05:50 PM

I'm 16 too... when I was 13-14 and 15 others maked fun of me and even beat me... and I stud up by heating them too but it didn't work... one day I slaped a boy... after that he beat me... then I maked all the class laugh at him because his face was red in the shape of my hand... after then he didn't make fun of me again... they will grow up soon and realize it's stupid... now they will only realize what their doing by putting them in your place... I know exactly how you fell except that the didn't call me fat... they picked on my defects... and they knew I was shy so the boys always look'd at me to make me feel like an alien... and talk about me... laugh at everything I do... even when I entered the classroom they started making fun of me... but know I'm at another school and I don't allow to anyone to make fun of me because I scream at them or I make fun of them... What hurted me the most,was that when that boy beaten me no one stud for me not even my best frieds that I tought I had... good luck getting rid of them.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imepaula View Post
    The call me fat , ugly, freak, that I should drop dead, to burn in hell, should go to another school, trip me, throw stuff at me, talk about me, make fun of everything I do good or bad
    I know you have heard this before about people who bully,they are insecure.
    That is the truth.
    They have to bring you down to build them self up.

Tell me about yourself.
    What are your interests in school and out of school?

Into music or sports or Science?

What are your assets ?

Talk to me .I'm an old MOM.

Sep 7, 2009, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I know you have heard this before about people who bully,they are insecure.
    That is the truth.
    They have to bring you down to build them self up.

Tell me about yourself.
    What are your interests in school and out of school?

Into music or sports or Science?

What are your assets ?

Talk to me .I'm an old MOM.
    I'm into singing. I play basketball and run track. I can't join any clubs because we're a private school and we don't have any clubs.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2009, 11:24 AM
    I'm into singing. I play basketball and run track. I can't join any clubs b/c we're a private school and we don't have any clubs.
    Do you sing with a group or a choir?The people you sing with must be friends of yours.
    How do you get along with the kids on the track team?
    Is everything OK there?
    The bottom line is you just have to let someone in authority know what is happening and if it continues,I would laugh at them.
    Or ignore them.If they aren't getting a reaction out of you they will get bored.
    Even though you feel like crying on the inside,try not to show them any emotion.
    They are looking for a reaction so try not to give it to them.
    Remember who you are and know that if anyone is ugly and stupid it is people who treat others badly.
    They are ugly on the inside and that is where beauty truly lies.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 8, 2009, 11:36 AM
    I'm so sick of being mad fun of at school. People push me, throw stuff at me and say cruel stuff. It to the point I want them to hurt the way they have hurt me. I hate them very much. I want to say something to them but I don't want to stoop down to their level what should I do?
    Most schools have an Anti-Bullying rule and have harsh punishments for people who are bullies. Also walk around with friends as bullies are probably less likely to try to hurt you when your surround by your friends. I don't recommend getting revenge, but if someone is trying to hit you, fight back. Fighting rules are stupid in school because they basically give the victim 2 choices. Be suspended for fighting back or get beat up badly. My parents always told me to fight back if I had to defend myself or someone else from physical harm. But see if you can tell a teacher first, the best way to solve problems is without violence
    DNoobie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 11:41 AM

Haha I know those kind of people. Just ignore them and don't take it personally. Just give kind gestures and don't pay attention to them. Sooner or later they should give up because the more aggrovated you get the more they get out of it. Your suffering is the fuel to their flame! So show them it doesn't hurt you and just start catching the stuff they throw at you:) Stand up for yourself, maybe start working out and making some friends. It'll be easier to ignore them that way:) That's my two cents
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Hi again, imepaula!

It sounds to me like you have quite a bit going for you with the things in which you're involved.

What type or types of music do you like to sing, please?

Thanks!

Sep 8, 2009, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Do you sing with a group or a choir?The people you sing with must be friends of yours.
    How do you get along with the kids on the track team?
    Is everything OK there?
    The bottom line is you just have to let someone in authority know what is happening and if it continues,I would laugh at them.
    Or ignore them.If they aren't getting a reaction out of you they will get bored.
    Even though you feel like crying on the inside,try not to show them any emotion.
    They are looking for a reaction so try not to give it to them.
    Remember who you are and know that if anyone is ugly and stupid it is people who treat others badly.
    They are ugly on the inside and that is where beauty truly lies.
    I sing at my church. Yeah I'm not an emotional person by nature which helps me in that aspect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Rare 80's children's Movie (or made for TV movie) made with puppets [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie (or TV movie) that I enjoyed as a child. It aired sometime during the early 80's. I remember it taking place in a cave with some green creatures (goblins?). The king was making a wish and they started in a song and dance about how the king would be making this wish...

My school has made me depressed [ 5 Answers ]

At school, we have a guidance team. They are supposed to be there for help. But where I am, they just cause trouble. You see, when ever I talk about something, teachers listen in, pass what I said around and they never get the full story. Like when I said my friend had been diagnosed with skin...

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

Collection agency still calling after payment agreement made & pymts being made [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outstanding bill with Hydro one in Ontario of 800.00 owing since 2003, with interest the bill has now doubled to 1600.00, I was unable to make payments on this bill due to financial reasons, but this past month & half I have been paying 100.00 /month to the collection agency, they are...

View more questions Search