Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ranth963 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 01:09 PM
    I like A girl what I do?
    Ok I like this girl at school and have no idea what to do lol. We are like friends but I don't what to do next. And By the way I'm in 5th XD.:confused::D
    heronk38 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2009, 01:40 PM

Ohkay, do you know if she likes you back? Try a little flirting, maybe get her number to call her or something?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 5, 2009, 04:24 PM

Ask for her number, and call her.
    snippy07 Posts: 84, Reputation: 6

Sep 5, 2009, 09:56 PM

Since you're only in 5th grade, use notes. As you get older nobody does it anymore, but when I was in 5th grade that's what everybody did.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2009, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snippy07 View Post
    Since you're only in 5th grade, use notes. As you get older nobody does it anymore, but when i was in 5th grade thats what everybody did.
    Funny story actually, my 6 year old brother just got himself a girlfriend because she wrote him a little love note and gave it to him, he is smitten.

Just write her a letter, it doesn't have to be long, you could even do something like:

Dear "Name"

We are really good friends and I really like you, you are smart, funny and caring. I was wondering if you would like to be my girlfriend?

From "Name"

Sep 6, 2009, 07:02 AM

K Guys Thanks
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2009, 07:12 AM

Let us know what she says :)

Sep 23, 2009, 12:17 PM

well nothing happened yet but there is a 50/50 chance in my opiniion she likes me back and my friend said go for it and he is sure she likes me <3 =)
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 12:32 PM

I hate to be so blunt here, but let's be honest. I'm not going to encourage you to pursue a relationship with this girl because you will break-up. Relationships are for people who know where they're going in life and who are in it for life. If you're not in it for life- you're going to break up. I hate to say it. It might be cute that you're in 5th grade and like a girl, but you're way too young to deal with heartbreak and I won't encourage it. Sorry if this isn't the answer you want =(

Sep 23, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    I hate to be so blunt here, but let's be honest. I'm not going to encourage you to pursue a relationship with this girl because you will break-up. Relationships are for people who know where they're going in life and who are in it for life. if you're not in it for life- you're gonna break up. I hate to say it. It might be cute that you're in 5th grade and like a girl, but you're way too young to deal with heartbreak and i won't encourage it. Sorry if this isn't the answer you want =(
    I've had plenty of crushes throughout elementary, middle, and high school that I went out with. I don't see why he shouldn't, staying single until he is 16+ isn't the best either because then he has no experience with girls such as what to do on a date. Heartbreak is apart of life that almost everybody suffers through. He might as well know how it feels and learn how to get passed it if it does happen. Dating is still fun no matter how old you are, so I think he should have some fun and enjoy it.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 12:14 PM

Have to disagree w you snippy07. I'm not an overly-conservative person, and I waited until I was 16 to have a relationship. Since a lot of my interests are generally "guy interests" (video games, electronics, hunting, etc.) I don't have any problems making friends with guys. I've had TONS of guy friends since I was 13 years old. But that's the thing, they were all just FRIENDS. I didn't begin a relationship until I knew that this guy was THE ONE I wanted to marry. I had fun hanging out with the guys and building friendships with them. And guess what, a friendship I built with one guy became the foundation of my going on 4 year relationship with him. He's my one and only. We're getting married in June of 2010. I didn't play the dating game to "learn" about guys, I've never had that heartbreak, and I've never played with the chance to give myself away physically. I haven't carried stuff that the dating game usually gives you into a relationship (guilt, hurt, distrust, etc.), and I don't have any "exes" to worry about. Unfortunately not everyone can have that- but I don't see any reason to encourage this young lad to play the game, so he can have "experience with girls." What kind of experience with girls will he get that he couldn't get in an innocent friendship with them at this point? The emotional attatchment? The romance? The sex? All the stuff that he is too young for? Right now, there is nothing wrong with having friendships with girls and learning to relate to them. He's too young to have a relationship.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2009, 12:45 PM

You know, in 5th grade, it's fun just to spend that extra time with the person you like. It's good for themselves esteem to know that someone likes them too. My first boyfriend was when I was 12, So in 6th grade. We had SO much fun together. His mom let me sleep over at their house with his sister too. We'd play games and go roller skating and he had a HORSE that he let me ride. It was perfectly innocent. Most kids at that age don't even consider sex. Yes, it hurt when we brok up, but that's just on ebad thing. I can look back at all of those fun memories with this young man, and It makes me happy that I was able to experience them. Some relationships don't work out, but that doesn't mean you should wait until you find "the one" for sure. That is a personal choice.

I don't see anything wrong with getting her phone number and having parents take them out on chaperoned dates.

Sep 24, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime90 View Post
    Have to disagree w you snippy07. I'm not an overly-conservative person, and I waited until I was 16 to have a relationship. Since a lot of my interests are generally "guy interests" (video games, electronics, hunting, etc.) I don't have any problems making friends with guys. I've had TONS of guy friends since I was 13 years old. But that's the thing, they were all just FRIENDS. I didn't begin a relationship until I knew that this guy was THE ONE I wanted to marry. I had fun hanging out with the guys and building friendships with them. And guess what, a friendship I built with one guy became the foundation of my going on 4 year relationship with him. He's my one and only. We're getting married in June of 2010. I didn't play the dating game to "learn" about guys, I've never had that heartbreak, and I've never played with the chance to give myself away physically. I haven't carried stuff that the dating game usually gives you into a relationship (guilt, hurt, distrust, etc.), and I don't have any "exes" to worry about. Unfortunatly not everyone can have that- but I don't see any reason to encourage this young lad to play the game, so he can have "experience with girls." What kind of experience with girls will he get that he couldn't get in an innocent friendship with them at this point? The emotional attatchment? The romance? The sex? All the stuff that he is too young for? Right now, there is nothing wrong with having friendships with girls and learning to relate to them. He's too young to have a relationship.
    What works for you may not work for another.. my sister dated a guy when she was 12, dated for 6 years.. then she got married and now they have been married for 5 years. Obviously he was the one and she was only 12. Saying waiting until 16 is not really the BEST thing. The best thing is whenever the person feels like they are indeed ready to date. If he wants to date let him so he can see and explore. People learn from experiences whether they are positive or negative.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a girl and I like my best friend.who's a girl [ 18 Answers ]

Hi... I know there's lots of issues surrounding bisexual people and everything but I like girls and guys. I can't help it it's who I am. I have a boyfriend and everything between me and him are awesome, he gave me a promise ring and everything. But I'm attracted to my boyfriend... tia. She's...

The girl of my dreams turn into the girl of my nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

We where going out for 5 years and it was great the first 2 years. We seen each other everyday and we love every minute of it. Then her mom found we were going out and try to make it bad for both of us. Then her mom put her in jail for stealing a key chain and running away from home when her mom...

Girl felx time to have sex look how long you make the rudeboi to sweat,girl flex [ 1 Answers ]

What's the name of the song that goes to this lyrics,girl flex time to have sex look how long you make the rude boy sweat girl flex

I'm a girl, I kissed a girl, I didn't like it. Should I tell my boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are 19.. he's not a partier but sometimes I can be. I used to party and drink every other weekend before we started going out but I stopped when I started dating him because he didn't really like it unless he was around. Plus he doesn't want me doing anything that's bad for me...

How do I look like a real totally girl girl [ 1 Answers ]

I'm always referred to one of the guys. Because I'm not the girl who gets all girled up to go out. And I usually don't flirt a lot I just act like one of the guys. Girls look at me different and I need help on physical apprerence so I come across like a totally girl. Can you help me?

View more questions Search