Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    headrickwife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 05:46 AM
    My ex-mother in law is trying to adopt my 3 older children, but one doesn't want this
    My 3 older children have been in the temp. custody of their grandmother for 10 years and now she wants to adopt them to claim them on her social security. My 15 year old son has recently been put on 6 months probation and wants to live with me. I am the biological mother. I have read if I try to contest the adoption, the grandmother can terminate my parental rights because of abandonment issues. My son has bipolar disorder, as well as I do. The grandmother does not understand this disorder and how it effects my sons judgement and degrades him constantly. I believe this is only making him worse. I want to seek custody or at least have him come live with me. Does anyone have any ideas about how to make this happen?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 1, 2009, 05:47 AM

What state do you live in? What were the circumstances that resulted in grandma getting temp custody in the first place?

Where is the father in all this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many children will I have when I'm older. [ 2 Answers ]

How many kids will iave when I'm older :p

Adopt new wife's children? [ 1 Answers ]

My new husband would like to adopt my 2 children whose father is deceased. Is there an economical process that we could proceed with instead of hiring a lawyer?

Children want to be with mother and mother agrees. [ 15 Answers ]

Hello,I live in Jacksonville,Florida and I have been here since 11/05.I used to live in NYC and at one point I was having a very hard time with my living situation so I gave my ex-husband custody of our 2 beautiful sons(hesitantly) but I knew they would be in a better environment at that time in...

My husband wants to adopt my 4 children. [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 children by men who haven't played any type of role in my kids life, I want to have them sign over their rights and I would like to know how do or where do I start.

My husband want to adopt my children [ 2 Answers ]

I have three children. The first one is from my first husband and my youngest son is from a relationship. My first husband does not pay support nor does he bother or want to part of my daughters lives. They are ages 15 and 17. My husband of two years wants nothing more to take sole responsibility...

View more questions Search