Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 02:12 PM
    Weird patch of dry skin, what is it?
    Hey so I have this weird patch of dry skin on the left side of my left leg, a bit below the knee. It's about the size on a nickel. Anyway, It doesn't really bother me often unless I put ointment or lotion on it, then it gets kind of itchy. I'm just curious as to what you think it might be. Also, I had a bandaid over it before I took the picture, So if there's extra red around it that's why, But could someone give me ideas as to what it is and how to get rid of it?
    Attached Images

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 06:45 PM

Looks like some kind of rash, like an irritation.
    If it changes and forms into a circle it is ring worm. If it gets thicker and worse it may be eczema.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 02:50 PM

Well the thing is, is that is's been there for months. It hasn't gotten better or worse. It's really weird. Just bumpy dry skin. Kind of scaly/ flakey but I put lotion on it so it's not so bad.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    well the thing is, is that is's been there for months. it hasn't gotten better or worse. it's really weird. Just bumpy dry skin. kinda scaly/ flakey but i put lotion on it so it's not so bad.
    I have the same thing on my left knee, right beside the knee cap. I was told that it's from crossing my legs. The skin gets hot and then irritated, causes a rash.

I have cortisone cream now and it's helping and I have to stop crossing my legs. :(

I'd still get it checked out by a doctor though, just in case it's something different then mine.

Oh, fyi, my bad, but I had it for over a year before I had the doctor check it. :o
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I have the same thing on my left knee, right beside the knee cap. I was told that it's from crossing my legs. The skin gets hot and then irritated, causes a rash.

I have cortisone cream now and it's helping and I have to stop crossing my legs. :(

I'd still get it checked out by a doctor though, just in case it's something different then mine.

Oh, fyi, my bad, but I had it for over a year before I had the doctor check it. :o

That makes sense, because usually I cross my right leg over my left. Just from trying it out now, I can feel where the calf of my left leg is rubbing on the spot where it's dry. And yours looks/ feels the same way? Hmmm, that may actually be the problem.

Thanks. :)

(BTW, I'm sorry about your friend Starby, I saw the picture of her, she' was a very beautiful woman, and I'm sure she was an amazing friend)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:19 PM

My daughter use to get excema really bad and she used the cortisone cream. She had cream and ointment. She said the one was worthless and the other helped but I forget which one was which.
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:22 PM

Hmm, maybe you could ask her sometime for me? (I'd assume the ointment was worthless, But it's better to just ask)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 08:50 PM

I use the cream, but I'd have to go look at what it's called. Too lazy to go upstairs right now and find it. ;)

I'll post it tomorrow. :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 10:53 PM

Awesome! :) any help is nice! Thank you. :)
    drycow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2012, 01:50 PM
    Shut up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weird logged shaped skin that rubs off [ 4 Answers ]

I have this problem with my skin rubbing off. When I get out of the shower, it is the worst. If I gently rub my hand over my skin on my upper back the skin rubs off and I am left with little rolled up logs of skin on my hand and under my nails. My skin is healthy and I experience no other side...

Weird skin rash! [ 3 Answers ]

I have this weird skin rash that began on my neck and has spread to my face and shoulders as well. When it was just on my neck I thought it was dry skin, because I have had dry skin there before, but as it has spread to my shoulders and face it has turned into red itchy inflamed bumps. I have not...

Small patch of bumps under penis skin, followed by three other bigger lumps right by [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,, as I can remember I have always had little lumps under my penis skin in a patch and under my scrodum.. the ones on my scrodum have hair coming out of them... I'm 18 and when I like 14 to 15 I knew about the small zit like bumbs but I wasn't sure aobit the bigger ones when they showd up ....

Dark patch of skin. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all, I have a dark patchof skin on my arm... when I put my reg cream on there that works for the rest of my body, it reddens and sometimes the skin comes off... when I stop using it, the skin turns really dark again... I wanted to know your input?

View more questions Search