Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 10:00 PM
    System Restore
    Can anyone tell me how to turn on my system restore for windows xp and where I need to go to do this,also I also need to know how to restore my desktop PC back to factory settings help thank you.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 10:05 PM

System restore:
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
    Follow the onscreen instructions.

To restore back to factory settings, you need the disk that came with the computer. Use it, and follow the onscreen instructions.

Aug 31, 2009, 01:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    System restore:
    Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
    Follow the onscreen instructions.

To restore back to factory settings, you need the disk that came with the computer. Use it, and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Can the restore be done without the like pressing one of the f keys when the computer is turned on system restore in system tool ask me if I want to turn on system restore and when I click yes it sends me to system properties,but it won't let me highlight system restore to turn it on please help
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 12:43 AM

In the future, could you please use things known as sentences, which end in periods, so that it doesn't take me 10 minutes just to figure out what you're saying.

In the system properties there's a thing that says "Turn off system restore on all drives." Uncheck it. And then click Apply at the bottom.

Assuming I interpreted you correctly, that is.

Sep 1, 2009, 01:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    In the future, could you please use things known as sentences, which end in periods, so that it doesn't take me 10 minutes just to figure out what you're saying.

In the system properties there's a thing that says "Turn off system restore on all drives." Uncheck it. And then click Apply at the bottom.

Assuming I interpreted you correctly, that is.
    I guess you need to learn to read between the lines and I will use periods if I feel like using them.so please don't ever answer any question sent by 7up again. Thank you
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 12:10 AM

You have no authority over me to tell me what I can and cannot answer.

Not to mention that I did at least try to answer your question - you could show some gratitude for me taking the time to do that.

It's your responsibility to make your question understandable, not our reponsibility to read between the lines. You're getting free help - this shows a complete lack of respect for those who are volunteering here and trying to help you.

Sep 3, 2009, 04:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    You have no authority over me to tell me what I can and cannot answer.

Not to mention that I did at least try to answer your question - you could show some gratitude for me taking the time to do that.

It's your responsibility to make your question understandable, not our reponsibility to read between the lines. You're getting free help - this shows a complete lack of respect for those who are volunteering here and trying to help you.
    Well then you have no authority to tell me how to send my question,and another thing if you did not understand my question you should not have answered,because it does not take ten minutes to see that you don't understand a question.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2009, 04:38 AM
    I'm not sure that system restore needs the use of any f keys where did you see the use of those keys because I don't
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 05:49 PM

WOW gentlemen or ladies. This is a forum, a forum to help others in need. In need of answers that are troubleing them. This isn't a place to argue and bicker over punctuation and grammar.

Morgaine300- there is no punctuation rule, if you don't like taking the time and reading the posts to help out fellow PC goers then don't read them. You're not at liberty to answer any question you don't want. There is no need for getting upset over something so minute.

7up- While I say that there is no rule in punctuation, writing while using proper punctuation is much simpler to understand. I appreciate your involvement in AMHD but figured I'd explain the easiest way for others to properlly interpret your questions.

As for your answer goes. I agree 100% with helpinhere. Also there are no "F" keys needed.

I hope all goes well and wish you luck!

Rick

P.S. Out of curiosity why do you need to restore both PC's.
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2009, 12:24 AM

I am not exactly the first person around to make a complaint that something was difficult to read. And I won't be the last.
    jainaakash11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 12:42 AM

Go to start -> all programs-> Accessories-> System Tools System Restore, select the date to which you want to restore your computer
    Networking Expert

Sep 4, 2009, 06:20 AM

Morgaine300- You are correct, you were not the first to complain and you shall not be the last. However, in the same breath I want to explain that the tone in which was interpreted through your text could be and was conceived as angry, upset and/or just plain rude.

That's All!

You have a good Day,

Rick

P.S. Now I look like a hipacrit (sp) because I am here argueing my story :D
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2009, 04:29 PM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    However, in the same breath I want to explain that the tone in which was interpreted through your text could be and was conceived as angry, upset and/or just plain rude.
    Perhaps because it does make me angry? People used to be able to write reasonably. This crap writing is a fairly recent thing. It might be easy to type, but it's not easy to read. And yup, I get tired of being polite about it.

P.S. Now I look like a hipacrit (sp) because I am here argueing my story :D
    Hypocrite. (I think.) And no biggie.
    Networking Expert

Sep 6, 2009, 01:12 AM

A question well-asked is not half answered. Because anybody with a reasonable sense of mind would re-read the question and discover there's no need to ask it because he/she has answered there own question.

Why would you agree with that! That's a opinion and nothing to do with the post at hand.

O.P. Have you figured out the system restore yet? We're waiting on a response!

Rick
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2009, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jainaakash11 View Post
    goto start -> all programs-> Accessories-> System Tools System Restore, select the date to which u want to restore ur computer
    Thanks for copying my post, basically!
    Lol, for future reference (if you ever return to AMHD) read the previous posts and don't say something already said please. (Actually, it's not just curteous, it's in the rules!)

Thanks for the greenie Rick, and I too am curious as to what the fate of the OP's computer problem goes.

As for the F1-F12 goes, that is a factory restore, and (usually) requires the disk that I mentioned in my first post. Just go to start (that little (usually) green or blue button on the bottom left of your screen) and then go to all steps outlined in my first post.
    Networking Expert

Sep 10, 2009, 06:56 AM

Donf- what is your greenie supposed to mean?
    "Clear and precise problems are essential to solving the problems"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

System restore won't restore [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone help me to restore to earlier point, each time I try it goes through motions then say canot restore.:confused:

System restore - unable to restore [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried to use the system restore. It keeps coming back cannot be restored. I have created a date and then tried to restore and still says it is unable to restore. Any suggestions?

System Restore [ 1 Answers ]

I have WIN XP, Service Pack 2. When I go to System Restore, there are no earlier restore points to go to. I have always had earlier points to choose from. Is there something wrong with the program? Thanks.

System restore [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everbody, am using xp2 sp2 home ed. I tried to access system restore to switch it off temporarily to be met with the message:turned off by group policy,to turn on contact your domain administrator! Went to services where it was showing as stopped,tried to start itgot the following message:sys...

System Restore [ 3 Answers ]

My Restore folder is taking up a ton of space (almost 13 GB of my 20 GB drive) and I'd really like to get rid of it. Is it safe to delete this folder? Edit: I'm on Windows Me and I've already tried turning system restore off.

View more questions Search