Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beach24blonde Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 08:59 AM
    Unlimited texting
    Anyone know of a cheap cell phone plan that lets you have unlimited text messaging @ a cheap monthly rate? Preferably pre-paid...
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Prepaid will always be more expensive.
    Here's a good review site of prepaid plans, including info on text messaging:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3504_7-6260217-5.html

You're better off, though, going with one of the bigger companies... and to compare those, just check their sites for pricing.

If text messaging is what you do most, just find the one with the cheapest plan (which will be minimal minutes) that has the best price for adding on unlimited texting.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2006, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    Prepaid will always be more expensive.
    On a per minute basis, yes. But, depending on your usage it may represent the best value. I have a pay as you go plan from Cingular. I am required to add $25 to my account every three months. Any balance left over is carried over as long as I add another $25 before the 3 months are up. Its does cost me $.35/min peak and $.10/min offpeak for usage.

But for me this works out the best. As an example, my last renewal was in September. After adding another $25 I had a balance of almost $60. So the service costs me less than $10/month. No other monthly plan comes close to that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My ex is texting me again... What does it mean? [ 7 Answers ]

I posted this one up about 2 weeks back https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=23777 Now after how it was left off on Friday her saying it will only complicate things more if we see each other as friends and for me to take care I get a text from her yesterday (4 days after I said that)....

View more questions Search