Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lo02 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Brown discharge after period for 2 weeks
    I am 16, sexually active, and have been on birth control for about 4 months now. I was told that if you skip your placebo pills at the end of your pack you won't get a period so one month I did this and my period started anyway. I had already skipped the placebos and continued to take birth control so even though I had already started my period I continued to take them to keep me regular, my period went as normal (besides the fact that it was still going when I was still taking the pill) and after it was supposed to be done I started to get this thick brown discharge. I started my period August 16th and my period usually lasts for about 5 to 6 days so it should have been finished August 21st of the 22nd but once the bleeding stopped the thick brown discharge came and has not gone away and its been a over a week later, and I'm starting to get worried.
    I've heard this discharge is normal but for it to be going on for this long and for the amount to be this substantial is unsettling
    little_n_lost Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Sep 6, 2009, 07:32 PM

Yes it CAN be normal and things like this can go abit perculiar at times I mean I've had a period for 2 nearly 3 weeks then had the next only a week later. You could have an sti if you don't also use a barrier protection like a condom. I suggest going to the doctors if it's unsettling you and if you're embarrassed about it you can always request a female doctor. Every woman has had a strange period or something go wrong down there so they'd be more likely to understand.
    gutlesscupcake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 09:44 PM

GRRR Im the same but know it has nothing to do with an STI as I've been with my partner for years an this has happened to me lots also and I want to know WHY? It is really embarrassing :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cramps and Brown Discharge Two weeks before period? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm twenty one years old, and I have been on the pill for a few years now. Four or five days ago, I started having really bad cramps, and then last night I started having brown discharge. I never get cramps except one or two days before and then during. I have been taking an antibiotic for a few...

Brown discharge two weeks after my period [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have already had my period this month its probably about two weeks after I have had my period and now I am discharging brown stuff. I noticed it after having sex with my boyfriend but it hasn't really seased since. What is it? What do I do?

Brown Discharge and I don't get my period for another 2 weeks [ 1 Answers ]

I've been on birthcontrol for almost three years now. For the past I would say 6 months I've had this brown discharge. It doesn't smell and it's ot clump or anything like that. When I went to my yearly check up in oct'08 I told my gyno and she said it was normal. I am just wondering if it's been...

Brown discharge 2 weeks after period. Could I be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am 20 years old and I had my period on april 4! During that time my husband and I had unprotected sex! About 2 weeks later I was having this brown discharge but it did not burn or itch. And I have been reading up on what it could have been and some are saying that I could be pregnant! I have...

View more questions Search