Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juicylucy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 01:34 AM
    Plateau on weight loss
    Hey everyone!
    So far, I've lost 30 pounds and I am really happy about that..
    Unfortunantly, I have hit a plateau.

I was SO GOOD about eating healthy and excersizing, and even began staying at the gym longer-- but now, my eating has slowly gotten a little worse.
    I'm basically addicted to candy, and I love grahm crackers. Those are pretty much my only weaknesses. I can be very cautious about my portion sizes on anything BUT candy and grahm crackers. Some days when I feel like I ate too much, I work out at the gym for 1000 calories, but I can never drop any weight (I guess in some ways I got past my plateau... BY GAINING 5 pounds).

I know that you need to change your work outs everyonce in a while, and I do! I do different routines every day and I change those up weekly! I work out almost everyday (except sundays) and I'm there for 2 hours.

I need some help! I have like 10-15 more pounds until I'm at my ideal weight, and I'm going off to college in a couple days and I don't want to struggle there! PLEASE HELP.
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Aug 29, 2009, 02:50 AM

How old are you? Any illnesses?
    Basically, you're going to hear the same ole thing which is cut down even more, eat more protein, less carbs unless they're the good ones, less calories, more burning of calories at the gym and so on and so on.

If you're not that old and you have ruled out any and all possible illnesses, then the process just slows down with age for a lot of people. Metabolism slows down for most but you have the right idea. Keep working out which raises your metabolism.

Have you checked your mass lately. Are you possibly doing any exercises which will build too much muscle or give you bulk? Muscle weighs more than fat even though it also helps burn fat faster. Yep. Even while you sleep.

For me personally, I don't like that bulked up look and if you have any bulge or fat in addition, it only gives you layers and makes you look bigger.

Best of luck to you and don't give up!
    juicylucy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 12:45 PM

Well, I have asthma and that's about it. How do you check your muscle mass?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am an over weight teen and I would like to loss weight [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys and gals. I am 17 yrs old. And have been overweight ever scense I can remember (all my life) and I really would like to finally loos weight I mean I am comfortable with myself but I know I need to get healthy Any tips?

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Weight loss, making my own weight loss journal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 and I want to lose weight and make my own weight loss journal. What are some things I sholud keep trak of? And shloud there be things I sholud add as I start, like look at taking vitmins.

What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

View more questions Search