Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glenn411354 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 04:50 AM
    Is my house haunted?
    My fiancé and I have just moved into a new house. Before we moved we experienced some strange goings on in our last home. In our old house kitchen utensils often went missing for weeks and months and then suddenly reappeared again where we left them. If we were up early enough we could also hear banging coming from the kitchen. When we moved to our new house the same things started happening again. First a pair of glasses went missing, then a dirty frying pan, a coat, a pair of boots and a measuring jug. Last week my fiancé got out of the bath to discover that a picture of a loved one, who passed away 4years ago was scrunched up on the floor. Last night the glasses that went missing a few months ago suddenly reappeared again, with no dust on them. While we were sitting discussing this the TV suddenly changed channel and then started skipping through the channels all on its own. I don't understand this and I'm getting really scared. Does anyone have any idea what it could be and how I should get rid of it?
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Oct 27, 2006, 11:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn411354
    My fiance and I have just moved into a new house. Before we moved we experienced some strange goings on in our last home. In our old house kitchen utensils often went missing for weeks and months and then suddenly reappeared again where we left them. If we were up early enough we could also hear banging coming from the kitchen. When we moved to our new house the same things started happening again. First a pair of glasses went missing, then a dirty frying pan, a coat, a pair of boots and a measuring jug. Last week my fiance got out of the bath to discover that a picture of a loved one, who passed away 4years ago was scrunched up on the floor. Last night the glasses that went missing a few months ago suddenly reappeared again, with no dust on them. While we were sitting discussing this the TV suddenly changed channel and then started skipping through the channels all on its own. I don't understand this and I'm getting really scared. Does anyone have any idea what it could be and how I should get rid of it?

I remember having answered this before and then finding my answer missing.
    I will try again. First, get rid of all paranormal paraphernalia, such as Ouija Boards, books on black or white magic, tarot cards, films which glorify the power of evil over good, or any symbols which are related to Satanism. Once you have done this approach God in prayer and request his help. When any manifestation emerges use the name of God Jehovah, or Yahweh as well as Jesus' name.

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower.
    The righteous run into it, and they are safe" (Proverbs 18:10).

Remember, it is YOUR house and you have a right to live there in peace.

Excerpt:

4. I renounce any and all contact with the occult and promise to destroy and occult objects that I may possess. (Name the specific occult involvement.)

12. All demonic spirits and powers involved (name them if they've been discerned), I bind you and command you to cease your activity in my life and to leave my life, my body, my soul, my mind, my family, my house, my job, etc.

13. I pray all these things in the authority of the name of Jesus and give You thanks and praise, Lord, that all these things are done.

http://www.mountainoffire.org/prayer...TUBBORN_CURSES
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2006, 01:01 AM
    Starman,
    I'm just curious. Do you know more about this post?
    Kae
    -

Oct 28, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    Starman,
    I'm just curious. Do you know more about this post?
    Kae

About the post itself?
    It was posted on the Paranormal Phenomenon section before appearing here.
    I answered it there but then I found it posted here without my answer being
    Included. Or do you mean do I know more about this subject?

BTW
    I just saw two other posts with the same title. So maybe I was confusin one of those to which I did give an answer with this post. LOL
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2006, 11:58 PM
    Hi Starman,
    Yes, I was wondering about this post. I didn't know if there happened to be more to it somewhere else. Reason being, you mentioned occult involvement when glen didn't (or at least not in this post).
    I was wondering if "strange" things could happen w/o there being any occult involvement and w/o possessing any of the other items mentioned that might attract "sprites".
    I'll start a new post about my experience in question...
    Thanks
    Kae
    -

Oct 29, 2006, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue
    Hi Starman,
    Yes, I was wondering about this post. I didn't know if there happened to be more to it somewhere else. Reason being, you mentioned occult involvement when glen didn't (or at least not in this post).
    I was wondering if "strange" things could happen w/o there being any occult involvement and w/o possessing any of the other items mentioned that might attract "sprites".
    I'll start a new post about my experience in question...
    Thanks
    Kae

Certainly, some things which have a scientific explanation or a logical one not involving spirit forces can be mistaken for the occult. For example, minerals in earth's crust when placed under stress can project light and reflect it off the atmosphere causing observers to think they saw a spacecraft. This phenomenon has been positively correlated with impending earthquakes.

Practical jokers often take great pleasure in antics involving effects which might be interpreted as paranormal.

Persons who are schizophrenic might experience visual, tactile, olfactory, gustatory and auditory hallucinations which they might attribute to the paranormal.

An oxygen-deprived brain has been said to be susceptible to production of what might seem like after-death experiences.

A creaking noises might simply be foundation settling, night /day temperature differences causing molecular contraction of wood, vibration caused by nearby heavy traffic,--or pests such as rodents moving about.

Things thought lost might have simply been misplaced, borrowed, or stolen.

A TV gone haywire might be due to microchip malfunction, faulty wiring or erratic
    Cable TV signal.

A person who might be viewed as demon possessed might be an epileptic or simply mentally ill.

Magic which might seem only possible with the aid of spirits might be the result of well-practiced tricks involving mirrors, electronics, audience cooperation, etcetera.

So one should make sure other explanations have been ruled out before we conclude that spirits are involved. My response to the questioner-whose post was first placed in the paranormal forum, assumed that all logical non paranormal causes had been ruled out. If indeed they haven't been, then they should be before we blame the supernatural.
    VBNomad Posts: 65, Reputation: 7

Nov 1, 2006, 12:41 PM
    Glen; is there anyone other than you and your fiancé living with you two? You didn't mention children, but it is children, particularly young teens who are often associated with poltergeist activity. If not, you may want to look to a medium. Since the manifestation has moved with you the spirit or entity may be attached to one of you. Sometimes it's associated with a thing, but for such personal action as the scrunched up picture, it sounds more personal. A medium may be able to help uncover who it is and what they are trying to accomplish. (warning, right a wrong... ). Less likely is that you have attracted the attention of a serious magician who is messing with you. Such a person can come from any walk - occult or mainstream. Look into both of your pasts and see if there might be something you did to attract such attention. (did you or your fiancé break with someone else to be together now. A someone who has taken it too hard.) There are various shielding techniques that can help if the manifestations are of a terrestrial magical nature. Ouija Boards, books, cards or other things can't create manifestations on their own. What is your spiritual path? Have either of you ever thought about the occult before?
    Kyo_of_Dir_en_grey Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Nov 1, 2006, 06:06 PM
    Most likely it is a poltergeists not a ghost/spirit. Because there has been a lot of activity with you and him and the children there may be one if not more in your house. They are simple to get rid of, you just need to be sure that the atmosphere becomes less stressful and more relaxed . If it is a ghost or spirit... there is no telling what you can do, you could hire an exorcist, but that could take weeks for it to be granted. You could also find a loca wiccan ((like myself)) and have them contact them. All you need to do is try and figure out the name of the perosn you might think it is.
    ComradeVISIXVI Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Hi there

First I find it offensive that every time someone talks about the unexplained you get someone blathering on about doing what equates to book burning and closing your mind. And the very sad thing is, And in this case I speak of Christians more then the others, is their only advice and only knowledge on the topic is " God dont like it, Destroy and Rebuke it!" They have no real hands on knowledge.

First of all, Most poltergeist activity is usually the manifestation of suppressed or out of control sexual energy. Documented coalition between occurrences and the presence of kids in puberty or women going through menopause!

For the cases that are not a result of the above you must look deeper into the variables of the particular incident. In this case there seems to be someone screaming out! But it is NOT a Poltergeist. This has human all over it.

The amount of energy it takes for a non corporeal form to move matter is huge. That is why it is usually spent in one great burst that causes things shoot across the room and the like. The happenings here are of a different nature. Moved is one thing.. but to move, Cary,, hide.. keep hidden... reproduce. Unbelievable amounts of energy! Perhaps supernatural if this were one item among other more likely occurrences that was reproduced after being completely gone but they are all this way. Not happening.
    . Secondly is the picture. Follow if you will, Picture acquired... (from where? Did it come out of a boo or a frame , box, or was it easily available? ) Picture carried, Picture crumpled ( big issues here as well) picture placed in front of shower. I don't need to elaborate.
    What about the Tv Channels changing? That was really scary and the... I don't know that particulars but I do know this. I saw a remote control that was in a watch.. and just yesterday saw one a sears .com that was a keychain.

Bottom line is that this is not paranormal. It isn't even normal! It is mean. Don't get rid or your Occult books and Ouija Boards!. And for the love of all things, Don't drop to your knees to a God with the Moto "I am a Loving God... Now worship me or Burn in Hell Forever!!!! Mwaaaa ha ah ah ahaaaa!!!!" What you need to do is find out why someone you live with and I assume love is messing with your head! Figure this out because therein lies your real dangers!

This has been a public service announcement from your :D Uncle Comrade:D
    Good-day;)
    AmandaRL105 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 10:26 AM
    What state do you live in? I'm part of paranormal investigator team that would love to come check it out for you... if you're in CT.
    krissymarie Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Feb 19, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman

Persons who are schizophrenic might experience visual, tactile, olfactory, gustatory and auditory hallucinations which they might attribute to the paranormal.

An oxygen-deprived brain has been said to be susceptible to production of what might seem like after-death experiences.
    If his fiancée is seeing it as well, does that mean they're both schizophrenic or oxygen deprived? Its not likely. If the same things happened in the home you lived in before, its possible that the spirit followed you from your previous home. Tell it to go home, that's it not welcome to stay with you anymore. If that doesn't work, find a psychic or medium. They can help. Get a priest to cleanse the house with Holy Water and to say a prayer with you and your fiancée.
    sammybaby199 Posts: 66, Reputation: 7

Apr 30, 2012, 01:17 PM
    First things first, take a deep breath and just breathe, you won't get anywhere if you're terrified of it. It sounds to me like you do have something going on there. The fact that it happened in 2 different places also concerns me, have you or your fiancé ever played with a Ouija board? Those things aren't good. If no, then have you or your fiancé ever seen or felt things before?

It seems to me like you may have something following you. The chances of moving from place to place and it being the same things happening is very very slim. Yes it can be very scary, but it seems to be playing with you.

If things get worse stand in your home and say out loud whatever is here needs to either stop messing around or you can leave, I don't want you here, leave us alone. Don't let it frighten you, in doing so you're unwillingly and unknowingly giving it the upper hand in that it feels that it can do whatever it wants and you won't try to stop it. Don't let it frighten you out of your home, try to take your house back. If that doesn't work, contact your local church and talk to the pastor and see what he has to say. More than likely you will be able to get a blessing done in your home.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house is haunted [ 23 Answers ]

The other night I found this site by typing in 'how do you know if your house is haunted'.Well, after reading what others wrote I began piecing things together. I am sure that my house is haunted. I would like to find out the history of this house (it was built in 1888) but I don't know where to...

Not sure if my house is haunted [ 5 Answers ]

There have been a lot of strange occurrences in the house I am living in. My husband and I live there with another couple and their 2yr old son. The first thing that happened is one day the other girl in the house was cooking lunch and she heard glass raddling and looked into the living room and...

Is my new house haunted? [ 11 Answers ]

We built and moved into a house 8 months ago. We have one room that we had some Bali statues and tribal mask in for decoration. Since we added these we have had a few people house watch for us who did not like the room. My mother stayed and put all the Bali stuff in a bag in the garage because they...

How can I tell if my house is haunted? [ 43 Answers ]

:o Weird things have happened off and on the past 4 years we've lived in our house. It was terrible at first. Terrible dreams about the house, about bodies buried in the walls. It felt like there was a male spirit present at times, not a good one but maybe wanting to scare us? My daughter, for...

Is my house haunted [ 11 Answers ]

I Have Been Experinceing Some Weird Things In My Home Well First There Was A Smell That No One Uses And It Passed Through The Room And Then Lingerd Over The Other End. Then A Razor Keeps Appearing Behind The Toilet And My 2 Year Old Sister Is Running Around Saying Cath Them But What Can She See?...

View more questions Search