Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 02:30 AM
    Oily skin
    My skin is oily and I'm having open pores so should I scrub my face or not and can I use aloevera gel as a moisturizer after cleansing and tonig?I'm using herbal cleansing milk and toner are they good for my skin?thank you
    pixiegurl Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Aug 28, 2009, 02:46 AM

Aloe vera will not moisturise your skin. You need a proper hydrant and protectant for your skin. Find a good crème that is for oily skin and find a good pore minimizing serum. Try brands like Estee Lauder, Ella Bache, Clinique. They all have very reputable skin care regimes that you could try. Best of luck :)
    rachelbunny Posts: 23, Reputation: 0

Aug 31, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Hi there, I'm a Beauty Therapist and I have oily skin too. You should be cleansing your face and neck morning and evening. If you use a good cleanser you shouldn't need to tone afterwards. Exfoliate gently once or twice a week. You must use an oil free moisturiser even though your skin is greasy, if you keep your skin hydrated, it won't be trying to compensate with it's own oils. Make sure that you are drinking enough water and exersising too. Dermalogica is an excellent brand of professional skin care, it can be a little pricey but a little goes a long way. I would recommend going to see a Dermalogica Skin Therapist, who would be able to prescribe exactly what your skin needs by examining it thouroghly and giving you loads of advice. Every cloud has a silver lining, people with oilier skin tones tend to age better (fewer fine lines and wrinkles) lol. Hope this all helps x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Skin is DRY. Then It's OILY! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There... PLEASE HELP WITH BEST ADVICE! I don't know what to use anymore... When I wash my face in the mornings it's dry as hell after the soap (I have used all kind of soaps including health products... ) My skin is so so so dry! Later the day it becomes very shiny and oily..! If I used a...

Breakouts/oily skin/dry skin * [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Im 13 ( almost 14 ) and I have dry skin around my nose , and really oily skin , and breakouts =/ I wash my face every night, use moistourizer and a lot of make-up . ( I use AVON moisture 24 and Cover Girl advanced raidiance liquid fondation ) What should I do about it. I think that the...

Skin lightening for an oily skin [ 1 Answers ]

Good day, I have oily skin and pimple on my face and back. I use nivea body lotion. I would also like to know how I get a lighter skin. Thanks

Oily skin [ 4 Answers ]

I have pretty oily skin (mostly on my forehead) and I used to have acne a couple years ago but now my fac is cleared up but I still tend to geet pimples on my face and occasionally I get some on my back and arms. It sucks. Is there any advice of something I can get to stop the oily skin and...

Oily skin. How do I get rid of it? [ 5 Answers ]

How do I get rid of an oily face? Even if you told me a good skin cleanser that you've used, it would help a lot thanks...

View more questions Search