Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swishchix Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 09:16 PM
    Microsoft Word is opening in safe mode only - Please help!
    :confused: One of my computers has Microsoft Office 2003 when I try to open Microsoft Word it's giving me an error and it only opens in Safe Mode.

I did the following troubleshooting but it still not working:

1. I deleted normal.dot
    2. Reinstalled Microsoft Office 2003

I tried opening Microsoft Word but it still the same thing, it's opening in Safe Mode.

Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 02:45 PM
    Start with the Microsoft Office Repair Process

If that doesn't help, you can also try the following:

Try renaming your Normal.dot file (with Word closed,and if Outlook is
    Your email editor, close Outlook as well).

For instance, try renaming Normal.dot to Normal.old, and make sure you only
    Have one Normal.dot file
    Reference:
    PC Review
    ComputerHelpers Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2012, 06:22 AM
    2003 huh.. well safe mode implies that O/s and app are not in harmony what o/s you working on. Have you considered a restore point approach to previously operating condition?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WinXP Pro Startup in Safe Mode [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to access and use the SAFE Mode start up. Accessing the safe mode causes the following: (1) a display of the "installed equip," (2) Followed by the BSOD, (3) followed by blank screen and lockup. Upon occasion it will go through this twice. The computer was brought to me after an attempt...

No safe mode [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Compaq desktop with 98SE on it. It keeps locking up and when I try to start in safe mode, it locks also. Any ideas on what the problem is? :confused:

Symantec Problems in Safe Mode [ 5 Answers ]

I am infected with Trojan Startpage and following instructions from Symantec need to run AV in safe mode. I am not very knowledgeable on computers but managed to get XP to start in safe mode. When I try to run Symantec Antivirus it fails to start. It throws up an error that asks me whether I...

Safe Mode [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I know how to access "safe mode", and have used it a couple of times to correct problems, following instructions, but can someone explain please, exactly what it is? Thank you.

Safe mode [ 1 Answers ]

I'm using ME 2000 and cannot get out of safe mode, even after selecting normal during the start up. How can disable the start up mode and return to normal?

View more questions Search