Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hackman2112 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Payne split system.
    This house I am looking at has a Payne split system,it is a heat pump,now the ? Is..

What year is it? And what size? The house is like 1,950 sq.ft. and the number off the outdoor unit is:PH14N00048-A and I could not see the serial number all I could see was: "X" and some other numbers.is this unit to big for this house?and the air handler has been replaced with a Goodman and the coil wasent replace.dose the coil need to be replaced?

Thanks,

Mike
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2009, 07:49 PM
    4 ton unit,, no way to know with out getting it looked at by a local hvac company and they do a manual J calculation, if its to big

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Split unit system [ 2 Answers ]

How is the split unit of a/c system work,whai is the component of the split unit and what is the troubleshooting of this unit

Everything Dead on split system A/C [ 7 Answers ]

I have an older Carrier split system heat pump. It was hooked up to an analog White Rodgers thermostat and I upgraded it to a Trane Taystat 540 Thermostat. After everything was hooked up I tested the fan and the heat pump which all worked well. When I forced the Em. Heat the entire system went...

Split ac system [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I Have A Split System Ac, And My Unit Outside Just Clicks When The Inside Blower Comes On, I Am Not Getting Any Compressor Or Fan Action. I Have Verified Power At The Unit. I Have Already Replaced The Contactor,the Capacitor,the Thermostat. Sometimes It Will Come On And Work Fine But When It...

New wiring of heatpump split system [ 2 Answers ]

My house trailer has only electric heat. I have added the "A" coil and heatpump. I have replacaed the two wire thermostate cable with a five wire cable. One goes from the thermostate to the furnace the other goes from furnace to the outside unit. I'm using the two heaters as the aux heat. I have...

View more questions Search