Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcleyn Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 08:30 AM
    Error 3031: Not a Valid Password
    Hello,

I have an Access 2000 database.
    I recently set a password to the database by going to Tools > Security > Set database password.
    When I open the database it asks for a password so I put my password in and it accepts.
    However when I try to open up any forms or tables I get an error message saying: Not a valid password.
    But I already typed my password in and when the error message comes up it gives me no option to input another password.

I have even tried to unset the password. So when I open the database I am not asked to give a password however it still says "Not a valid password" when I try to open my forms or tables.

I am in a huge jam because I cannot get into my database. How do I fix this problem?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 27, 2009, 09:02 AM

I don't use ULS as I find it too cumbersome. Did you create a specific MDW file for this app or did you use the System.MDW?

Aug 27, 2009, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I don't use ULS as I find it too cumbersome. Did you create a specific MDW file for this app or did you use the System.MDW?

It's a regular .mdb file database. I never had to make any new file for it... would you have any ideas how to solve it otherwise? I'm in a huge pickle.

Aug 27, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Thank you very much. I have solved the prolem.

Aug 27, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleyn View Post
    Thank you very much. I have solved the prolem.
    How?

Aug 27, 2009, 12:48 PM
    How?
    I needed to take the password off in the back-end as well.

Aug 27, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleyn View Post
    I needed to take the password off in the back-end as well.
    Ahh that would make sense. You didn't say there was a back end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is old valid b1/b2 still valid travel doc if new h4 is stamped? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian citizen currently in the US on h4 visa valid until 1st Oct 2009. My husband is currently on an h1b. I also have a stamp of b1/b2 valid till 2013 (the stamp has not been cancelled or striked out) on my older passport. (both the visa's were stamped on my older passport, since...

Lay off on OPT, have valid H-1 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My friend was laid off while on OPT. The company had applied for his H-1 this year and he already has an approval starting this Oct. He has been laid off. Can he find another job and get the H-1 transferred? If yes, can he do so now or wait for 1st Oct to get a transfer? Thanks Juhi

Toshiba laptop, bios password, power on password [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I just brought a laptop of a friend, he hasent used it in ages and has forgotten his bios password, the laptop is a toshiba satellite pro a10. We have no clue what the password is, and can't evan get to an xp screen because of it :( Any help would be greatly apprciated Cheers Jon

Email password error [ 1 Answers ]

When I log on to my email account we have two [email protected] and [email protected] when I go to send and receive margiecosker is OK but it keeps coming up with the box confirm passsword which I confirm and then it just keeps coming back and back and back every time I do it. It has...

View more questions Search