Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1099669 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Aug 27, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Bibles in school
    Why is it that our children can't read a bible in school, but they can in prison?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 07:17 AM

They can read their bibles in school in Texas, we even have elective bible courses in many districts which irritates the left to no end, as do prison ministries. But if you ask most prison wardens I bet they'd say these ministries are more than welcome.
    Kagan88 Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

Aug 27, 2009, 07:20 AM

Oh wow we aren't suppose to be reading our Bibles in school? Dang I guess I should stop reading it in class... I was wondering why the teacher kept looking at me! I think it is all a load of stupidity... We are losing what the foundation of our society was built on. I'm not saying I am perfect because I am far from it but I think as long as I am not making a fellow student/co-worker uncomfortbale by trying to shove anything down their throats then it is my right/freedom to read my Bible anywhere I want... Society these days is too easily offended and in my opinion people are losing themselves and worrying about the wrong "issues" so to speak.

Aug 27, 2009, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagan88 View Post
    Oh wow we aren't suppose to be reading our Bibles in school? Dang I guess I should stop reading it in class... I was wondering why the teacher kept looking at me! I think it is all a load of stupidity... We are losing what the foundation of our society was built on. I'm not saying I am perfect because I am far from it but I think as long as I am not making a fellow student/co-worker uncomfortbale by trying to shove anything down their throats then it is my right/freedom to read my Bible anywhere I want... Society these days is too easily offended and in my opinion people are losing themselves and worrying about the wrong "issues" so to speak.
    I am not politically correct. (What is true never is.) You will not find any here. I hate it; the only thing I hate more are people who know it is destroying the world we live in but have not the integrity and courage to speak up against it. In fact, to counterbalance the pervasive, destructive p/c out on the street, I press the politically incorrect envelope to the MAX. I can't stand phonies and two-faced hypocrites. I have no tolerance for purposeful ignorance or stupidity. Herein there is no hesitation to say so. You will find huge doses of moral prejudice for these types from me.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 27, 2009, 07:35 AM

You're allowed to read the bible in schools in Ohio.

Aug 27, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1099669 View Post
    I am not politically correct. (What is true never is.) You will not find any here. I hate it; the only thing I hate more are people who know it is destroying the world we live in but have not the integrity and courage to speak up against it. In fact, to counterbalance the pervasive, destructive p/c out on the street, I press the politically incorrect envelope to the MAX. I can't stand phonies and two-faced hypocrites. I have no tolerance for purposeful ignorance or stupidity. Herein there is no hesitation to say so. You will find huge doses of moral prejudice for these types from me.
    Haha yes I agree... I am very outspoken and blunt! I think my mouth is what gets me into so much trouble but then again I try to be open minded to other peoples points and views not because I disagree with them but because I don't know everything in this world and feel the more knowledge I am able to acquire the better off I am... I dislike fake people and hypocrites to the max! And will be the first person to call someone out... As for Bibles not being allowed in some schools I think it is really totally ridiculous!

Aug 27, 2009, 07:40 AM
    Haha yes I agree... I am very outspoken and blunt! I think my mouth is what gets me into so much trouble but then again I try to be open minded to other peoples points and views not because I disagree with them but because I don't know everything in this world and feel the more knowledge I am able to aquire the better off I am.... I dislike fake people and hypocrits to the max! And will be the first person to call someone out... As for Bibles not being allowed in some schools I think it is really totally ridiculous!
    I do not live my life second-handedly. I am not, first, interested in impressing others above making a lasting impression with my own life. I get my self-esteem from the inside, huge gobs of it, not by desperately soliciting the praise or approval of others. I have no interest in developing empty, phony friendships or wasting my time indulging silly life dramas and gossip just to make nice. It is not that I am mean-spirited. It is that I am indifferent to it all. I couldn't care less and I don't feel the need to act like I do. My life is my life, and my life is equal to time and I don't trade my time (life) fir wasteful, meaningless experience.
    I have incredible self-discipline and self-control. I am sure about what I decide and believe and I do not seek or need the advice of others to reach those conclusions. I do not make wrong moral choices. I am not modest about how I conduct myself in regard to all of these. This is off-putting to many people. I do not care. The world is very black and white to me. I know there cannot even be gray unless there were, first, the knowledge of what is black and white. Gray is middle of the road. Gray is wanting to have your cake and eat it too. Life does not work that way. I don't try to live it that way. I judge people, including myself -- HARD. I do not pull moral punches. If you are put-off by this, then what I have to bluntly state may not sit well with your stomach. Take some Alka-Seltzer or just simply leave.

Aug 27, 2009, 07:45 AM
    I do not live my life second-handedly. I am not, first, interested in impressing others above making a lasting impression with my own life. I get my self-esteem from the inside, huge gobs of it, not by desperately soliciting the praise or approval of others. I have no interest in developing empty, phony friendships or wasting my time indulging silly life dramas and gossip just to make nice. It is not that I am mean-spirited. It is that I am indifferent to it all. I could care less and I don't feel the need to act like I do. My life is my life, and my life is equal to time and I don't trade my time (life) fir wasteful, meaningless experience.
    I have incredible self-discipline and self-control. I am sure about what I decide and believe and I do not seek or need the advice of others to reach those conclusions. I do not make wrong moral choices. I am not modest about how I conduct myself in regard to all of these. This is off-putting to many people. I do not care. The world is very black and white to me. I know there cannot even be gray unless there were, first, the knowledge of what is black and white. Gray is middle of the road. Gray is wanting to have your cake and eat it too. Life does not work that way. I don't try to live it that way. I judge people, including myself -- HARD. I do not pull moral punches. If you are put-off by this, then what I have to bluntly state may not sit well with your stomach. Take some Alka-Seltzer or just simply leave.
    Ha yeah what you say has no effect on me in any kind of negative way... it does not bother me one way or another if anything it opens my mind. And because I am willing to listen to others does not mean I need what they say to make a decission... My mind is made up but because I would like the respect of being allowed to get my point across I then too give them the chance as well... It has no effect on what I think, believe, or how I live my life. My life is my life and anyone can judge it but that is on them not me...

Aug 27, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Ha yeah what you say has no effect on me in any kind of negative way... it does not bother me one way or another if anything it opens my mind. And because I am willing to listen to others does not mean I need what they say to make a decission...My mind is made up but because I would like the respect of being allowed to get my point across I then too give them the chance as well... It has no effect on what I think, believe, or how I live my life. My life is my life and anyone can judge it but that is on them not me...
    I don't practice my philosophy of life or its principles, piecemeal.
    MOTIVATION is a part of ALL that I do.

Aug 27, 2009, 07:57 AM
    I don't practice my philosophy of life or its principles, piecemeal.
    MOTIVATION is a part of ALL that I do.
    I'm interested in what you mean by this? You don't practice your philosophy on others or in life in general? And as for motivation isn't that what everyone does through life... motivate themselves from one thing to another?

Aug 27, 2009, 08:04 AM
    I'm interested in what you mean by this? You don't practice your philosophy on others or in life in general? And as for motivation isn't that what everyone does through life...motivate themselves from one thing to another?
    I disagree that everyone motivates themselves from one thing to another. The motivation I speak of is going to a place within yourself, drumming up all the readiness, rage and explosiveness it takes to do what has to get done. Like morality and integrity, motivation cannot be half assed. You have to know and believe that you are the best and that each other one striking out to stand atop your mountain is your enemy. Being able to do that is more important than even the skills one has. Being UNCONQUERABLE.

Aug 27, 2009, 08:13 AM

Interesting... do u think everyone is fighting to get to the top of one mountain? I agree that motivation cannot be half assed because if it is then what is the point of "motivtion" but I also believe everyone has their own mountains to win over and the biggest enemy is ones self.

Aug 27, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Ockham's Razor is a principle attributed to the 14th century English logician and Franciscan friar William of Ockham. In Latin this principle is expressed various ways: "ex parsimoniae" (law of succinctness); "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" (entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity); "numquam ponenda est pluralitas sine necessitate" (never posit pluralities without necessity).
    The term Razor refers to the act of "shaving away unnecessary assumptions" when explaining any phenomenon so to get at and then use the simplest explanation. All things being equal, the simplest explanation tends to be the best one, and also the onw most likely to be true; one should embrace the less complicated explanation.
    I would like to add my own insight, which I have acquired through 35 years (to date) of unique life experience and serious introspective attention:

ONE'S FIRST GUT INSTINCT IS PURE REASON

My beliefs, inspiration, ideas, thoughts, critiques and opinions are delivered with the chunk removing force of a machete swung by a male who believes that, to chop off the unnecessary and get the job done right, the swing must be swung with a muscular, mighty follow through.
    My Creator endowed me with naturally high testosterone levels an a very low tolerance for hypocrites, liars, enablers, piecemeal practice of principle, emasculated males, political correctness, and any other kind of oppressive, fantastical caca that doesn't work in the private backyard of my own individual life.
    I am a "being" created with the ability to judge, so I do. I am also a male inspired by men who have held greater ideals and have done much greater things than any of us have who are living today, most notably Classical Heroes and America's Principled and Brilliant Founding Fathers.
    I believe in lean, muscular wisdom without fat or wiggle(room) and hold today's intellectuals and their ideas to a times past standard of responsibility, integrity and commonsensem and brave, bold, stout manliness.

Aug 27, 2009, 08:25 AM

I must say 1099669 you are a very interesting person and I respect you for that you show valid points and knowledgeable facts... What you have said is food for thought.

Aug 27, 2009, 08:35 AM

Are we done?

Aug 27, 2009, 08:37 AM

What else can we discuss, I respect your thoughts

Aug 27, 2009, 08:41 AM

Haha well thank you... what else do you got? I am down for talking about anything...

Aug 27, 2009, 08:47 AM
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. What are your thoughts.

Aug 27, 2009, 08:52 AM

Wow um well I think war is a ridiculously ugly think I also think with better government and control the wholse situation can be controlled in a better manner... And I have never thought of the person not willing to fight and only caring about ones personal safety was the weaker one but now after seeing it worded how you did it is an admirable fact... I prefer not to think of myself as the weaker one but sometimes I question if I did something to better myself or to protect me from harm may it be rejection, dislike, etc...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 08:53 AM

Patrick Henry said something similar to this John Stewart Mill quote .

"Pacifists are among the most immoral of men - they make no distinction between aggression and defense. Therefore, pacifism is one of the greatest allies an aggressor can have." (Patrick Henry)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

Christianity - So many sects, so little Bibles. [ 47 Answers ]

There are so many varied beliefs amongst so many people that ALL stem from the same book. How is this explained? What makes you different from all the other Christians that call themselves by a different name?

Valuation Of Bibles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have two bibles from the 1800 in need of some restoration by REVEREND E BLOMFIELD can anyone give me a valuation please. Thanks Amy1231122.

Mass Rioting, Destruction of Churches and Bibles in Egypt [ 2 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- http://mychristianblood.blogspirit.com/arc...alexandria.html Mass Rioting, Destruction of Churches and Bibles in Egypt International Christian Union and The American Coptic Association

View more questions Search