Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy_sweety Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 12:37 AM
    Stress and Menstrual Periods
    Hi,

I am 26 yrs old female trying to conceive. However, I am facing too much stress since last 4 months. My LMP was 29th June 09. (My periods are not very regular)I am still waiting for the next. So does B Complex vitamin help to reduce stress and restore periods? Is there any other over the counter medicine to restore periods? Does prenatal vitamin help ? Please let me know. Its urgent.

THanks
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 28, 2009, 09:12 AM

If you are trying to conceive you should already be on a prenatal vitamin. To avoid birth defects, it should be present in your body BEFORE you conceive.

Regarding the stress: Have you been told this is the reason your periods are irrregular? I ask because while stress CAN be a factor, it isn't a sure thing. Lots of things can make periods irregular, from stress to PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome).

Additionally, the pills you mentioned, including Rx drugs, cannot regulate your period, even if they help with stress. B complex, for example, is helpful - IF you have a B-vitamin deficiency. Take my word on this one - I used it while we were trying for a baby and I actually experienced side effects because even 50mg was too much for my body since I wasn't deficient.

Try natural ways to relax such as time to yourself, baths, dinner out, etc.

Speak with an OB/GYN about your health history to determine why your periods are out of sync. Trying to conceive is an important part of life - so start right by seeing a doctor for your health and welbeing.
    smoothy_sweety Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 02:55 PM

Thanks a lot. All the best for your little one:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Menstrual periods [ 1 Answers ]

Well I'm a little concern about having golf size blood clots during my cycle. IS THAT NORMAL?? See I have always been irregular and now I'm having the clots and I have had blood clots before just not that big and it's a little scary at times..

Heavy Periods, then Two periods? Emotional! [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had normal periods until now. I just turned 36 on Jan. 11, 2007. During Oct & Nov of 06 my monthly cycle was normal expect that I noticed I had heavy bleeding and more cramping. (heavy meaning soaking 1 or more tampon per hour). Dec was back to normal. Great. Well happy birthday to...

Menstrual period [ 1 Answers ]

I started my period January 1 and it lasted about 7 days.. I started again on January 16, first spotting and now it is heavier. What could be the cause of this? I am not on birth control and have been off for over a 1 year now. Please help.. I have never done this before.. What could it be? I am...

View more questions Search