Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

Aug 26, 2009, 10:14 PM
    getting rid of a certain look
    HOw does one go about getting rid of an innocent-naive type of look? I grew up in a strictly conservative household - never had any fun, sort of speak lol. Well, the thing is that I'm now 38 years old, and I have a very young naïve looking expression - you can tell by my eyes and mannerisms that I've pretty much been "closed up". You know how some people have that "hard look" on their faces cause they led a hard life, and others have a seductive way cause they've seduced all their lives? Well I still have my high school nerd expression...

So at this late day and age, how to get rid of the stupid look? People think they can take advantage at times, or think I'm like 20 years old - they card me at bars - as no one believes I'm even over 25. So, I wear sunglasses and I notice this makes quite a bit of a difference, but I'd like to be sunglass free :) :cool:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 10:19 PM

What style of clothing and colors do you wear?
    How do you wear your hair?

Go for a make over and where trendy brighter color clothes.

Avoid drab and mousy style clothes and hair
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 10:29 PM

Eyes can tell a lot about a person. The most helpful thing I've ever heard, for me anyway is that vision is a passive thing. When I remember that, no one asks me if I'm lost.

Eyes can indicate intelligence or maturity. Why though. What do mature or intelligent eyes look like? Look at yours in the mirror. Then, if possible, videotape yourself. That may give you some ideas anyway.

Aug 26, 2009, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie View Post
    Eyes can tell a lot about a person. The most helpful thing I've ever heard, for me anyway is that vision is a passive thing. When I remember that, no one asks me if I'm lost.

Eyes can indicate intelligence or maturity. Why though. What do mature or intelligent eyes look like? Look at yours in the mirror. Then, if possibe, videotape yourself. That may give you some ideas anyway.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 26, 2009, 11:12 PM

I would suggest making the best of it. Think of it this way; in 10-20-30 years you will still look younger than your age ^_^
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 11:09 PM
    High school nerd at 38 eh? Lucky you!

You know what they say - clothes maketh the man (or woman) - get a new hairstyle, ditch the shabby clothes, lose a bit of weight.

If you're a guy, grow a beard, if you're a woman get a small makeover.

Smile and be happy that you look ten years younger. Believe me you won't mind when you're 50!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Aug 31, 2009, 05:58 AM

We can't see how you look, but if you have a friend who has a certain fashion that you like, then maybe you can ask that friend for some pointers?

You need to have a certain style in mind and go out there and make it happen. Maybe you can look at some fashion magazines? Hairstyle?

Aug 31, 2009, 09:40 PM

Well, it's really the eyes and mannerisms. I don't think that clothes will help me much. I still look like an inexperienced virgin. And I'm dead serious about that. Just yesterday, I got hit on by a 20 year old guy. When I told him I am 38, he nearly died!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search