Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjacqqqq Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Why if a person is in deportation , he is able to reamain and thrive in the USA ?
    I divorced my ex husband in feb 2008 and he has been in deportation since nov 07 . Officers came to my home in August or sept 2008 and he was at my home at that time visiting my kids. They checked his status by phone at that time ,and told him he was in deportation but did not detain him. He is still here in the US, working cash under the table and has only paid taxes on 4000 dollars in the past 5 years. I went through all the proper procedures after my divorce at the immigration office in Detroit. They know where he is, his address, phone number. The problem now is that every time I re-enter the US I am stopped at the border and detained and questioned regarding my ex. I need to know how I can resolve this problem. I was told that until he is returned to his country I will be stopped in association with him. What procedures must I take now to have him deported?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 05:33 PM

He has the right to appeal in court. This process could take well over a year. If he keeps harassing you, go to the court and get a restraining order. If he violate the order, call police immediately. He will be deported sooner than he expected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What small business would thrive in Kenya? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone!I plan to start a small business here in Kenya.Which business can I start,run and eventually thrive with 2000 US dollars?

Deportation [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if a person was deported out of the states for ten years. But comes back illegal to the states after his ten years are up. Can he still get jail and if so for how long. Or can he still fight it ?

Possible deportation [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, in 2006 my 7 year old daughter was put in the state care, due to me not being from here and I could not work here, I traveled back and forth to my country to work. Now after 2 years we have finally been reunited, but she is still in the system and the worst part is she is autistic and I do not...

Failure to thrive [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm pegie, my concern is about my 2 month old daughter, she is my third child but doesn't seem to be as focused as my other two at this age,she was born 2 weeks early because of my preclampcia and she was in the nicu for a few days because of some low heart rates and was put on oxygen for...

View more questions Search