Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xgonnagivetoya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Disorderly conduct
    Will disorderly conduct stops you from getting a job in most places?could you join the military?or become a state employee?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2009, 01:16 PM

Just depends,

While it may not stop, if there is 4 openings to be filled and there are 400 people applying for the position, they will rule out people based on any criminal history, credit scores, work history and more.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 06:02 PM
    Hi, xgonnagivetoya!

Fr_Chuck has made some excellent points in his response to you! It does depend...

I would just like to add that, in most places that I know of, and that would be in the jurisdictions around where I live comprising two states, disorderly conduct is considered a misdemeanor and not a felony.

If something is considered to be a misdemeanor, it doesn't carry as much weight in the consideration for possible employment by an employer.

When a person goes for obtaining employment, they put their "best foot forward", and "sell" themselves the best that they can to potential employers. If there is going to be a thorough background check done on a potential employee, it will be in the best interests of the potential employee to bring up anything, during an interview, where the potential employee has had to go before a judge in court. Doing so will lend credibility to the applicants honesty, credibility and integrity in the eyes of the potential employer.

I'm not sure about the military thing...

Thanks!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 06:59 PM

It is a misdemeanor not a felony. You should have no problem with the military or be a state employee. Fr Chuck did point out some very salient items on whether you would get the job or not though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disorderly Conduct [ 2 Answers ]

I've read through and have found contradicting information about this offense so figured I would be better off to just ask. A year and a half ago I was north of chicago off 90 misplaced my wallet at an oasis and while inside was bumped into. I had already had a bad day and reached for my wallet to...

Disorderly conduct [ 1 Answers ]

I receive a ticket for disordery conduct and been loud. Would this appear on my record. Because I never been arest before or ant charges

Disorderly conduct violation [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I was sentenced in court. I was told I had disorderly conduct violation. No fines no jail time. Does that mean when asked on an application have you committed a crime I can say no.

Disorderly conduct for employment app [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I'm applying for a new job(a county job)in my area the app is going to ask have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor? I have a disorderly conduct charge from about 10 years ago at least of course I would have to mention this(I'm in pennsylvania)will this affect my chances of...

Haunted by a Disorderly Conduct [ 2 Answers ]

Will a Disorderly Conduct (Violation) sealed by the court prevent me from working for specifically for a bank? Or any other types of employment? Also, will my fingerprints show up (the bank is requiring that I submit them) - they were confirmed by the city/county that they were destroyed &...

View more questions Search