Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Aug 26, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Enough Already Sarah Palin!
    Is anyone else sick of Sarah Palin talking nonsense? We all new she was at best semi-literate but her new comments about so-called death panels wanting to execute the elderly and disabled people are too ridiculous for words. What bothers me most is that not one prominent Republican politician has openly denounced her ignorant comments. A few conservative writers have mildly condemned her but she really needs to be told she is just plain stupid. Thankfully her approval ratings are sliding. I just hope she doesn't get the Rep nomination in 2012 or the Republican party is finished. I think she makes Dan Quayle sound like Einstein. I support Ron Paul - Mitt Romney for president in 2012.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 12:39 PM

I like Ron Paul also. I was an independent before the PA primary almost switched to republican to vote for Ron Paul but he was already out of the race by April 22nd so I switched to democrat and voted for Obama. Now I am an independent again.

I don't care what people have to say on Facebook and Twitter. That is the perfect soap box for her.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 26, 2009, 12:45 PM

Ron Paul CANNOT win. He's too off the wall on his foreign policy, and will not get the votes.

I'd like to see Mitt at the TOP of a Presidential ticket.

As for Palin talking about "death panels" I point you to HR 3200, section 1233, subsection 5(b), the part about LIMITING care to patients by getting them to sign "living wills", DNR and DNI orders, etc. It specifically lists what treatments "could" (read "would") be limited.

After looking over section 1233 in its entirety, come back here and we can discuss whether Palin was so off-base or not in her claims that Obamacare seeks to limit care to the elderly. That is CLEARLY what it says.

Elliot
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 12:47 PM

Earl, if you had said enough Keith Olbermann already I might be sympathetic, but Palin has been unfairly reamed in public enough to have earned the right to speak her mind.
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 01:04 PM

ET Remember the Terri Schiavo fiasco. Maybe if she had a living will things would have gone a lot smoother. You had her parents saying no Terri would want to stay connected to the machines. Then her husband saying no she would not. If she had a living will none of that would have mattered.

That is why I have one. If I need a machine to keep me alive then I would consider myself dead. Pull that plug and let my family and fiends move on with their lives.
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    earl, if you had said enough Keith Olbermann already I might be sympathetic, but Palin has been unfairly reamed in public enough to have earned the right to speak her mind.
    I can't believe that people actually get their news from the guy who was on sportscenter!! I love Lou Holtz but I am not trying to get my news from him.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 26, 2009, 01:32 PM

Death panel or not, what exactly is the purpose of having that section in this 1000 plus page bill?

The ability to make a living will is already commonplace?

She calls it like she sees it, and apparently, many people agree.

G&P
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 01:37 PM

Sarah rallies up the base but she holds no weight with anyone else.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 26, 2009, 01:51 PM

Aparently, the "base" is enough to have Obama and congress slow down in trying to pass this bill.

G&P
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 01:53 PM

Yup but not enough to win an election
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 02:19 PM

Spit ; please read your living will and make sure it makes it clear that you do not wish to be unplugged from a feeding device for the purpose of slowly and agonizingly starving you to death.

That is the lesson of Terry Schiavo

Aug 26, 2009, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    ET Remember the Terri Schiavo fiasco. Maybe if she had a living will things would have gone a lot smoother.
    Perhaps.

But it's NOT the government's place to get involved in those decisions.

That is why I have one. If I need a machine to keep me alive then I would consider myself dead. Pull that plug and let my family and fiends move on with their lives.
    That is YOUR choice, and you made it for yourself. (My own choice would be different, but that's not the point.) Do you think that it is the job of the government to get involved in that very personal decision? I certainly don't. I certainly don't see any CONSTITUTIONAL basis for the government to be getting involved in it, and I find the idea of them taking it upon themselves to be very intrusive in my freedoms. Don't you?

Elliot
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Aug 26, 2009, 02:20 PM
    Yup but not enough to win an election
    The base may be a bit larger than you think.

If there had been a strong conservative at the top of the GOP ticket in 2008 you wouldn't be saying "President Obama" today.

Aug 26, 2009, 02:22 PM
    Sarah rallies up the base but she holds no weight with anyone else.
    When the base is 60%+ of the population that seems to agree with her over OBAMACARE, rallying the base would seem to be all she needs.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Aug 26, 2009, 02:38 PM

Sarah has survived the political equivalent of a lynch mob ever since she was revealed as the VP nominee. She became the butt of every vile joke the Marxist media could come up with, and was lied about constantly, and there seems to be no end in sight.

Those who engaged in this behavior may come to regret keeping her name in the forefront of the political scene.

A very good question is why does the Left fear Palin so much?

And how can you justify saying that she shouldn't be able to speak her mind? She doesn't have 1st amendment rights, like you do?

GO SARAH!
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Aug 26, 2009, 03:02 PM
    Since we were talking about Terri Shiavo and living wills, the Terri Shiavo incident shows the importance of having a living will or one can be kept alive and given horribly painful treatment against their will when dying peacefully would be preferable. A good example of this would be the case of Dax Cowart. In 1973, he was severely burned in a propane gas explosion and was treated against his will even though he clearly expressed his wishes to die. He lost his hands, eyes and ears and burned over 65% of his body. He was forced to undergo horribly painful treatments such as being dipped in bleach baths while having dead skin brushed away and changing bandages daily. He survived and got a law degree, but still maintains to this day that his wishes to die should have been respected. I urge everyone to write a living will so you won't have to go through what he and many others have had to experience.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    A very good question is why does the Left fear Palin so much?
    The left wholeheartedly endorses her for the republican ticket.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    But it's NOT the government's place to get involved in those decisions.
    Hello again, El:

No, it's not - unless its run by right wingers who DO get the government involved, ala Terri Schaivo, when they don't like the private health care decisions made by its citizens.

Look. The people know the right wing can't be trusted...

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 06:16 AM

Gal no one is saying she shouldn't speak her mind. We are just tired of the inane drivel that comes out when she speaks. She is the butt of every joke because of that drivel.

She didn't want to be a lame duck Governor and that is a fine reason if she was in her second term. She couldn't even finish the first. So now she is like my idiot brother in law she wanted to be unemployed so she can spend her day on Facebook and twitter. Now that I think about it 5 schools in 6 years seems like she has a problem with finishing strong.

No one on the left picked McCain and her for your ticket. So what happened? If you needed a strong conservative ticket to win how did you guys blow your own primary?
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 06:18 AM
    Tom the medical world respectfully disagree with you about her suffering.

Medical News: Schiavo Feels No Pain - in Primary Care, Preventive Care from MedPage Today

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

President Sarah Palin [ 27 Answers ]

Hello: I predict that if health care goes down, which I define as not having a public option, Sarah Palin will be elected in 2012. You? excon

What Does Sarah Palin read? [ 69 Answers ]

So that hard hitting journalist Katie Couric is at it again with Palin this time she wanted to know What Does Sarah Palin read? Specifically... and Her answer well EVERYTHING ALL OF THEM!! Check out the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8

Sarah Palin are Alaska for Vice President! [ 235 Answers ]

BWAH HA HA HA John McCain has truly lost his mind!

Sarah Palin Brief GMA Interview [ 73 Answers ]

This morning Good Morning America show brief skits of the Sarah Palin Interview airing tonight on 20/20. This interview show me that the inexperience issue is now out the window. Sarah Palin answers were so off course, the inteviewer had to stop and restate the question 3 - 4 time regarding...

View more questions Search