Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hackman2112 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Evaporator coil.
    OK here is a qestion I have,if you replace a older R22 evaporator coil with a newer R410A Coil will you have to replace the out side condencer?if so can you just use 410a in a r22 system?

# 2 question is: can you convert a stright cool air conditioner to a heat pmp by putting a reversing vave in it?

I an just curious.:D

Reply soon.
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Aug 26, 2009, 12:46 PM

No and no to both questions with various theoretical exceptions.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 26, 2009, 01:13 PM
    ok here is a qestion i have,if u replace a older R22 evaporator coil with a newer R410A Coil will u have to replace the out side condencer

You can replace the coil with a coil for R-410A but you will have to use R-22 and a expansion device for that refrigerant also.

so can u just use 410a in a r22 system?

NO the outside unit is only capable of using R-22.

2 question is: can u convert a stright cool air conditioner to a heat pmp by putting a reversing vave in it?

While it would be possible to just add a reversing valve most Heat pumps have a stronger built compressor. You would also have to add a defrost system etc so it would not be reasonable price wise to attempt it.

Class over for today.
    hackman2112 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 05:49 PM

Thanks to dac122 and HVAC1000.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning an evaporator coil? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you recommend that I clean a dirty evaporator coil? I appreciate your help!

Need replacement evaporator coil [ 2 Answers ]

I need to find a replacement evaporator coil for a Borg Warner heater/ac unit, model M1UF032AA. Other numbers on the tag are File: LR49965 and 409G. The ac runs and cools but the water collection frame leaks. Any ideas about finding something equivalent? Thanks.

Cleaning My Evaporator Coil [ 6 Answers ]

I need to clean my evaporator coil on my Central HVAC (heat pump) unit. I have used a softbristle brush on my sweeper and there are still fuzzy stuff left up there. I am don't want to damage or bend my coils so what do you suggest I can use to get the rest off? Would Scrubbing Bubbles work OK or...

Evaporator coil [ 1 Answers ]

Hi The evaporator coil needs replacing as my AC is not working. The problem I hve is that I have ordered one over the phone and now I am unsure that I have given the right model no and serial no. The numbers I gave are: Model # CLJ 36 1C Serial # 0509098270 I havejust come across an invoice...

How do I clean an evaporator coil [ 2 Answers ]

How do I clean an evaporator coil?

View more questions Search