Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    runninggirl1970 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 07:57 AM
    Exercise, but no weight loss.
    Hi All,

I'm new to this site, so please bear with me.

I really need some professional advice. I run every morning (M-F 10 miles), and Sat/Sun, about 15 miles. I also try to do a 10 to 15 minute kettlebell workout twice a week.

An example of my daily meals is as follows:-

B - Greek yoghurt with nuts
    L - Tuna or cottage cheese with loads and loads of salad in olive oil dressing.
    D - Lots of green veg (broccoli, courgettes, spinach, chinese leaf lettuce and either chicken or fish.

If I'm peckish I also snack on nuts throughout the day (brazil, almonds, pecans).

I drink 3 litres of water a day, and also drink Red Bush Tea with soya milk.

Despite all of this, I cannot shift the last few pounds that I want to lose, to be at MY preferred weight.

I am a 40 year old female, I am 5'6" tall and currently weigh 8st 7lbs. I desperately want to get down to 8st. I used to only run 5 to 6 miles a day, but increased this a few months ago to see if it would help in the weight loss. But, alas, it has not, and I am soooo frustrated.

Any comments would be really helpful!

Thanks so so so much.

X
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2009, 08:01 AM

My best advice to you is to mix up your routine. Surprise your body with what you're doing from day to day. If you do the same things, your body gets used to it and you won't get any results. My trainer had me doing something different every day. I was doing 30-45 min of cardio either on the bike, elliptical or treadmill, but I would always mix it up. I got great results that way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss, making my own weight loss journal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 and I want to lose weight and make my own weight loss journal. What are some things I sholud keep trak of? And shloud there be things I sholud add as I start, like look at taking vitmins.

What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)

Is it possible to loose weight without doing much exercise? [ 12 Answers ]

I am 5 foot 5 and I weigh 56 kilos I would like to lose 5 kilos the problem is I don t have enough time to do any exercise I can only alow myself one hour of swimming per week. Can someone help me please

Can I lose weight by exercise? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just registered. I really need an answer to this question. I have gained A lot of weight in the past 3 years. I used to exercise but I got sick in 2005 and stopped. I have Gastroparesis (delayed emptying of the stomach) and IBS. I have severe midsection bloating (to the point of looking...

Excessive Exercise For Weight Loss? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all.. I'm a 19 year old male and I know it's not healthy to loose more then 2 lbs a week but I'm going to aim for 4-5 lbs a week. But is this VERY dangerous? My body needs 2200 calories a day to maintain my weight, so instead I'm going to eat 1200 calories which is 1000 calorie difference...

View more questions Search