Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firefliesrfree Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 09:25 PM
    Head injury . Skull making cracking noise.
    I was in a physical fight yesterday. I thought I was fine immediately after and went on with my day. Today I woke up and when I touched my face there was a cracking on the right side of my head. I have at least two bumps on my head that are sour to the touch and a mild headache and earache. I feel slightly nausaeas and anxious but I think this is psychosomatic from looking at symptoms. The symptom that I am having that is worring me is that every time I apply mild pressure to the right side of my skull there is a loud cracking. Do you hear a cracking in your head with a skull-fracture? If it is a skull fracture do I need to see a doctor or is there something I can do at home to treat it and/or will it heal by itself. Keep in mind I have no insurance right now.
    So should I be worried?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 25, 2009, 09:29 PM
    We cannot diagnose you over the internet. You need to go to the ER for X-rays to be taken.
    firefliesrfree Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 09:36 PM

I don't know if I can reply here but I was not asking for a diagnosis. All I want to know is if a cracking noise in my skull is a symptom of anything. If I know it is then I will go to a doctor. If it is not I will not go to a doctor because I don't want to waste time and money I don't have.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 25, 2009, 09:37 PM
    Depends on where it's at. If it's by your jaw it could be TMJ. Either way, you NEED to have an x-ray or MRI done.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 09:54 PM

If there's any chance you have a cracked skull, you need to be seen by a doctor right away. Go to an ER. You can die from brain swelling after a head injury that initially doesn't seem that bad. Please go.
    barkkerry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 07:32 AM

I would def go to A&E with any head injury as it could turn out to be very serious and to late to do anything if you leave it hun.
    FEATHERLEE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 05:12 PM
    I did go to ER after a hard head trauma on a tree stump. LOUD CRACKING SOUNDS CAME FROM INSIDE MY HEAD.THE ER DOC DID NOT DO MUCH. He just said what to watch for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cracking noise [ 2 Answers ]

I have lots of wood cracking noise in my wood ceiling ,with temp changes ,what can I do about it. Thanks

New ceramic tiled floor making loud occasional cracking noise [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, 2 months ago in our new extension we had new ceramic floor tiles in our kitchen's wooden ply floor. Recently first we started hearing popping noise where one of us was standing it did few times when we moved our location. Then it stopped and now occasionally we hear a loud popping noise....

Head skull how to make bigger [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, why is my head so small? It's like it doesn't match with the rest of my body even my body is growing but my head is so small it doesn't look right is there any diet to help the head skull grow? Please help because I hate it :(

Cracking noise in my ceiling [ 2 Answers ]

What would be making the crackling sound in my ceiling it sound like someone is walking up there. My home was built in the 50's.

Weird Cracking Noise [ 1 Answers ]

It seems like every time I walk I can hear this cracking noise. Its like it never stops. It seems like every time I move something cracks. Whether its my ankle or my wrist or my elbow or my know or simetimes its even my shoulder. Is this normal for everyboyd? I am a gymnast so would that have...

View more questions Search