Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maskzzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Tendon makes cracking noise.
    Hi,

I am new to the forum. I recently started going to the gym again and after about a month I started having some pain in my right arm exactly where my elbow tendon is. I don't know how it happened as I never felt anything. It just started hurting all of a sudden. Its not anything severe as far as I can tell.

Here are the symptons. When I flex my biceps the part where my tendon is makes a crack noise as if my elbow was cracking, a similar noise. I know its not my elbow because I know how it feels when my elbow cracks. It also hurts when I do pullups right when I pull my chin above the bar. I can probably crack it every 15 minutes or so. After it cracks it won't crack again for a while but then after 15-20 minutes I can feel it pull and if I flex in or out it will just crack. I have not lost any strength in the arm but after I flex till a certain point it just hurts that I can't train or lift cause of it.

It is not swollen, not brused, I can do all arm excersises so it does not seem to be torn, so what can it be? How can I fix this? I hate it.

Thanks in advance for the help
    pmera Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Apr 10, 2010, 06:53 AM

I sugget seeing a Chiropracter as they can look at the elbow joint to ensure that is is rotationg within its full range of motion. Does it hurt when it cracks?s

Sterch your arm fully extended and pull on your hand palm facing the floor and pulling in towards you.
    Then pull upwards on your hand so the palm is facing out and writs is about 90 degrees. This will help loosen tight muscles that may be actng on your elbow.
    Also you need to stretch you upper arm and should, treat is all as one unit, if one small muscle is unbalanced then the whole unit is off.
    There is a therapy exercise for the elbow which requiresyou to hold the end of a weight like your hold a sword straught up in the air, arm extended. Slowely extend your hand to the floor but keep your arm stable like you are dubbing a knight, and very slowely return back to the starting position. Also since we are treating this as a unit, take a small ball, put it on the wall and place your hand on the bal,l arm fully extended. Draw small circles in both dirrections with the movement coming from your shoulder.
    And finally ensure you have strong wrists to support the weight you are pulling or lifting with wrist curls and wrist extensions.

I hope this helps some. Let me know how it goes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cracking, popping noise in walls and ceilings [ 15 Answers ]

I've been living for 3 months in my new 3-story townhome, and I've recently Noticed loud cracking noises coming from various locations along my interior and exterior walls and ceilings. The noise only occurs once, although different locations can pop at around the same time. These noises come...

Cracking noise [ 2 Answers ]

I have lots of wood cracking noise in my wood ceiling ,with temp changes ,what can I do about it. Thanks

Cracking noise in my ceiling [ 2 Answers ]

What would be making the crackling sound in my ceiling it sound like someone is walking up there. My home was built in the 50's.

Weird Cracking Noise [ 1 Answers ]

It seems like every time I walk I can hear this cracking noise. Its like it never stops. It seems like every time I move something cracks. Whether its my ankle or my wrist or my elbow or my know or simetimes its even my shoulder. Is this normal for everyboyd? I am a gymnast so would that have...

View more questions Search