Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshine91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 02:49 PM
    Credit Report
    If you purchase a vehicle at a buy here pay here lot and they don't view your credit to get this vehicle can they report a repossession on your credit report years after the vehicle was taken back?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2006, 05:00 PM
    Yes of course they can and they will.

viewing your credit does not have anything to do with their ability to report. ( plus I bet they do look, just don't use it to make their decision.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 08:50 AM
    I am a member of the credit bureaus and from what I've learned, most buy here pay here lots are not trade line reporters to the credit bureaus.

... but this does not really make things better, because if they repo the car and send the balance to a collection agency, then you still end up with an entry showing it.

... so it's really just about WHO ends up reporting it to the agency.

Maybe nit-picking, I know... but just thought I'd add it.

Bottom line: If you have a car repo'd, you CAN expect credit damage no matter who you purchased the car from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit report [ 11 Answers ]

On my credit report I have a collection agency that reported first in 1999 Just when that was about to be removed from my credit report they (the collection agency)sold the account to another collection agency who re-reported it and now it will be 7 more years before it will be removed.it is the...

Credit report [ 4 Answers ]

Does anybody now where to get a free credit report and score when you have no credit card to give them Thank you Demon

Credit report help [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania I was listed as an authorized user on a family member's credit card. This account has turned into a collection account and I found out that it has affected my credit report negatively. I want to get the fact straight before I decide whether I want to...

Judgement on Credit Report [ 3 Answers ]

I had a problem with my landlord a few years back. The check I wrote him bounced, and he pressed charges. I ending up having to pay fines, which I paid on time, and was told that it all would be taken off my record. I think it was called "ARD." My questions is: Why is the total amount of the...

View more questions Search