Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 11:05 PM
    cadillac59,
    It is a matter of choice and for many also one of faith.
    And the are hundreds of people who do question it, even some are bible haters.
    The basic point about belief in it is the fact that billions of people believe it is the inspired word of God and that the Holy Spirit inspired The Church to promulgate it and guided those who were working on it.
    I and pne pf the many who do believe that.
    Obviously you do not and I and sadden about that.
    There is so much in the bible that can make your life better and richer with great spiritual value.
    Peace and kidnness,
    Fred
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2009, 11:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    cadillac59,
    It is a matter of choice and for many also one of faith.
    And the are hundreds of people who do question it, even some are bible haters.
    The basic point about belief in it is the fact that billions of people beleive it is the inspired word of God and that the Holy Spirit inspired The Church to promulgate it and guided those who were working on it.
    I and pne pf the many who do believe that.
    Obviously you do not and I and sadden about that.
    There is so much in the bible that can make your life better and richer with great spiritual value.
    Peace and kidnness,
    Fred
    I really hate to argue with you Fred because I can tell you are a really sweet and kind person and I respect you for that. But I've just lost my faith. I won't accept a religion that rejects me for being gay. It's as simple as that. Besides, I think much of what makes people religious is genetic. Some are predisposed to it and others are not. Maybe I'm just one who's not.
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2009, 09:20 PM
    cadillac59,
    So far you have made your choice as I have mine.
    My hope and prayer is that you will eventually find a greater value in Christianity than you have now.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 06:51 PM
    Cadillac59, whether people differ with you and how you are or not, in the end of the day they do not matter. All that matters is that you do your best with God and always trying to improve yourself to what He wants you to be. Not the people and not the church. Because people will always try and intentionally hurt others because they are different and yet turn around and be the biggest hypocrites. But, only God knows your heart and as long as you try and strive to be the best that you can be and believe in Him, then that's all that really matters. God will judge them accordingly.
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Cadillac59, whether people differ with you and how you are or not, in the end of the day they do not matter. All that matters is that you do your best with God and always trying to improve yourself to what He wants you to be. Not the people and not the church. Because people will always try and intentionally hurt others because they are different and yet turn around and be the biggest hypocrits. But, only God knows your heart and as long as you try and strive to be the best that you can be and believe in Him, then that's all that really matters. God will judge them accordingly.
    Thanks for your remarks, Golden Girl. Yes, I tend to agree with much of what you said: what people think of me and how they differ doesn't really matter. And yes people do often tend to try and hurt others who are different all the while being hypocrites.

At the moment I'm not sure what I think about god or if god even exists. But if I decide to return to church it will surely be to the one I left or one like it, the Lutheran church which is part of the ELCA [Evangelical Lutheran Church in America] which I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. That would be the only place I would feel at home.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2009, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac59 View Post
    Thanks for your remarks, Golden Girl. Yes, I tend to agree with much of what you said: what people think of me and how they differ doesn't really matter. And yes people do often tend to try and hurt others who are different all the while being hypocrites.

At the moment I'm not sure what I think about god or if god even exists. But if I decide to return to church it will surely be to the one I left or one like it, the Lutheran church which is part of the ELCA [Evangelical Lutheran Church in America] which I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. That would be the only place I would feel at home.
    I see. Go where you feel God draws you to and where you feel at home, as our paths may be different and we all have different paths in life. But it is where the paths leads us to that matters. I'm judged for being different also as my father is Ethiopian and my mother is Cherokee/black American mixed. So, I do not quite fit in as I am different. I do not believe God base us on denominations or any other labels, but by our hearts, our souls, and with Him alone.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 12:31 PM

Who is it that persecutes who? I want only to love my brothers and sisters who are the children of God, and do walk in the spirit. ( Romans 8:1 Romans 8:4 Gal 5:16 Gal 5:25 )

Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

John 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

BONDAGE:
    John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Who can Walk as Christ walked? God Knows!

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

The answer to all of this is prayer. To call upon God.. To seek God.. To Knock.. Pray that you can be all God created you to be. Pray that evil bowes down and flees from you, so you hurt no one. AND: Ask in Jesus Name for this blessing.

Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    Who is it that persecutes who? I want only to love my brothers and sisters who are the children of God, and do walk in the spirit. ( Romans 8:1 Romans 8:4 Gal 5:16 Gal 5:25 )

Galatians 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

John 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

BONDAGE:
    John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Who can Walk as Christ walked? God Knows!

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

The answer to all of this is prayer. To call upon God.. To seek God.. To Knock.. Pray that you can be all God created you to be. Pray that evil bowes down and flees from you, so you hurt no one. AND: Ask in Jesus Name for this blessing.

What's the point of all the bible quotes for someone who neither reads nor accepts the bible?
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 05:00 PM
    What's the point of all the bible quotes for someone who neither reads nor accepts the bible?
    Because: " if " was mentioned.

So I wanted to show you the freedom you have if you decide to take it

~sincerely
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Because: " if " was mentioned.

So I wanted to show you the freedom you have if you decide to take it

~sincerely
    Freedom I have to do what? Pray? Is THAT it?
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Freedom I have to do what? Pray? Is THAT it?
    I can tell you didn't read the scriptures posted. " If " hasn't yet happened.. " I hope it does..

Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2009, 05:53 PM
    I can tell you didn't read the scriptures posted. " If " hasn't yet happened.. " I hope it does..
    No I didn't read the bible quotes because I don't read the bible and am not interested in reading it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 11:20 PM
    cadillac59,
    We should all be well aware of that by now.
    Thanks for making it clear.
    Best wishes,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Protestant Churches [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys I need help on my history homework. Can Someone give me 5 facts about a 16th century protestant church?? My Homework is due tomorrow so I need an answer fairly quickly. Miley x x x

How thick is the lead in a lead joint [ 2 Answers ]

Im getting ready to take the Indiana pluming test and I was wanting to know how thick the lead Is suppose to be in the hub of the cast iron.

View more questions Search