Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Aug 24, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Mailing to an apartment
    I just moved in to an apartment. I know that for deliveries like mattresses I should give my actual apartment number, but what about for actual mail? My apartment number is different than the mailbox number I was assigned. So do I just put my apt # on everything and let them figure out which mailbox it is, or do I tell them the mailbox number? If it is the latter, how do I write that? It's not a p.o box, so how would I address it?

123 sesame st
    Mail box 45
    Bun, VA

Or
    123 sesame st
    Apt 987, mail box 45
    Bun, VA
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 05:16 PM

Put only your mail box number on your return address. You have that mail box number for security reasons.

Tick
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 05:21 PM
    This is going to sound like a crazy answer, but...

Go to the post office and ask them.

I was living in a townhouse where each unit had a different street number (123, 124, 125, etc.) but it had a communal mailbox. The communal mailbox had 25 separate boxes with numbers that did not correspond to our street numbers. We were NOT supposed to use the mailbox number as our mailing address. We were only supposed to use the street number.

So go to your post office and ask them.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 05:53 PM

If your concernedabout mailman putting mail in wrong box, tape a piece of paper with your name and apt # on inside of mail box door.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mailing lists [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to obtain FREE local mailing lists?

E-mailing music [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know how much music I can transfer over to my laptob without losing any files permanently in the jubble trasnfer. So far I have 13 Gbytes. Is there a solution to this predictament?

Fire Damage to Apartment - Landlord using to upgrade apartment [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier this year my apartment was minimally damaged by a fire. The exact cause of the fire is unknown, however it is believed that my cat knocked something onto the stove which then turned on and burned the basket. Fire damage to the apartment was restricted to the kitchen stove area. Smoke...

E-mailing vs. Telemarketing [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, as some of you already may know, I am in ISP sales, here is my website: Rock River Internet: Best Local Internet Service Provider - ISP - Rockford, Illinois and I have a pretty good contact list, our primary business is local businesses and I have found that it is very hard to get the...

View more questions Search