Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1annabelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 04:32 PM
    New to installing Engineered Hardwoods
    First time w/ hardwoods. Purchased Traffic Master engineered hardwoods for the whole house. Where do we start? How do we know one room will line up to the next, and into the hallway? Any trick we need to know? Thanks!
    pattyg2 Posts: 480, Reputation: 27

Aug 25, 2009, 04:40 AM

The best thing to do is to draw your layout on graph paper for each room and do your design on there. Treat each room as a separate room and use transition strips in the doorways. You could dry lay a few pieces together and move them around to see how they fit.
    How to Install Engineered Hardwood Flooring | eHow.com
    Install Prefinished Wood Flooring | thefamilyhandyman.com | DIY Projects | Reader's Digest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hardwoods popping [ 2 Answers ]

I installed hardwoods on a concrete slab and certain boards started popping a week later. I have a feeling that the glue did not bond with the concrete. Does anyone know what I can use to stop the popping? I really do not want to rip up some boards. Thanks

Floating Engineered Floors [ 2 Answers ]

In August I had engineered floors installed over cement (radient heat). The floor was a floating floor with a cushion installed between the cement and the flooring. Recently I've noticed that the planks have separated in 2 or 3 locations slightly. It appears that they have separated the toung and...

View more questions Search