Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacey0475 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 01:01 PM
    violation of probation by a minor
    My daughter has a 17 year old friend that was on probation. Her mother did not want her to be with her boyfriend and yet she was and got caught. Her mother has since called the Probation officer and there is a warrant out for her now. I am unsure as to what her mother turned her in for doing at this point. There has been a hearing set for next month in which I believe she is trying to get her daughter on home confinement.
    Her mother is this girls problem, unfortunately, for many reasons that I will not address.
    My question is do I have any grounds or hopes of possibly getting them to let her stay with me at least until September? Otherwise I feel she will run.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 01:05 PM

Legally - no, not if the mother doesn't want to allow it. As for hopes - you can hope her mother allows it. Other than that, you have no legal standing in any of this.
    stacey0475 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 09:00 PM

Thank you Steve

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minor consumption while on probation [ 3 Answers ]

So before I turned 18 in April I was pulled over for drinking and driving in Jan. I went to court and they changed my DWI to a carless driving and I will be on probation for a year (so until next Jan.). I just now got a minor consumption ticket and I want to know what is going to happen to me......

Violation of traffic Probation while on unsupervised crimal probation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced 3 yrs unsupervised probation for 2nd degree assault. He already had a case pending for traffic. He hit a car bumper. Was sentenced to supervised probation and to pay fines for damages of 1,000 dollars. We haven't paid the fine yet, we will at tax time we just haven't had...

Violation of probation [ 3 Answers ]

What happens after the first apparence in a violation of probation case and why can't the person be released today?

Statute of Limitations for a minor on probation [ 3 Answers ]

If a minor on probation for a class B felony ran away and is now 18, how long will it be until her warrants are cleared or gone? Will the disappear when she turned 18, does she have to wait for a statute of limitations to run out, and how long? Here is the whole situation, She went to court for...

Probation violation [ 12 Answers ]

A friend of mine is on probation for theft. He got pulled over in July 06 for driving with an open container. Is this a violation of probation?

View more questions Search