Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 10:35 AM
    A Proud right wing Terrorist
    So some people on the right wonder why homeland security has their eyes on them. Well here you go. This was said at Congressman Wally Herger (R) health care town hall.

One speaker said he could trace his ancestors back to the Mayflower and said “they did not arrive holding their hands out for help.”
    “I am a proud right wing terrorist,” he declared to cheers.
    Herger praised the man's attitude.
    “Amen, God bless you,” Herger said with a broad smile. “There is a great American.”

Web extra: Congressman Herger calls Obama plan 'threat to democracy' - Mount Shasta, CA - Mount Shasta Herald
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 10:37 AM
    GOP is self-destructing.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 24, 2009, 10:48 AM

This was measnt in jest, obviously; but we should not be proud of any REAL terrorist [ left or right ].

G&P
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 24, 2009, 10:51 AM
    Actually, the guy probably listens to Hannity.

For several weeks now, Sean Hannity has been joiking around about the fact that Nancy Pelosi called the Town-Hall protestors "terrorists" and "angry mobs". Every time he takes a call, he gives the caller a "mob name" and asks them how they feel to be a right-wing terrorist. The fans have been eating it up with a spoon, and have been proudly declaring themselves members of the angry mob and right wing terrorists. Other talk show hosts have been copying him and their fans are getting into it too.

The fact that Herger called the guy a "great American" (which is one of Hannity's tag-lines) leads one to believe that Herger is ALSO a Hannity fan and understood the reference.

Apparently some people can't understand humor... especially irony and sarcasm.

Do all leftists have "humor lobotomies"?

Elliot
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 11:00 AM

Yeah, Spit, I'm afraid this was just sarcasm. We're also "brown shirts," "neanderthals" and "functionally retarded adults" according to various sources.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 11:19 AM

Wait speech I thought the Obama guys were the brown shirts.

Call it a joke all you want but you guys are really looking bad. Hannity and them are making you guys look like lunatics right now.
    Haven't you ever heard the saying "perception is reality"

Aug 24, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Wait speech I thought the Obama guys were the brown shirts.

Call it a joke all you want but you guys are really looking bad. Hannity and them are making you guys look like lunatics right now.
    haven't you ever heard the saying "perception is reality"
    Nah... most Americans have senses of humor. It makes the Dems look foolish because of their hyperbolae... saying that Conservatives are terrorists, that they are carrying swastikas into meetings, that they are trying to assassinate Obama... The American people know that it's all BS, and they are responding to Hannity and company in the way these statements are intended.

Perception IS reality, and right now the perception is that the Dems are destroying themselves with their comments... which are intended to be aimed at hard-core right wingers, but which are actually HITTING regular folks who don't like Obama's health plans. The Dems may INTEND to be hitting back at right wingers, but they are actually insulting moderates. And the perception of those moderates of the Dem leadership ain't all that good right now.

The dems would be better off just arguing the bills themselves rather than trying to attack personalities. Problem is that they don't have a leg to stand on in arguing the bills, and all they have left are insults.

Or at least, that's the perception.

Elliot
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    It makes the Dems look foolish because of their hyperbolae...
    Oh the irony! LOL!

Aug 24, 2009, 12:13 PM

Yeah, ain't it though.

I love it when Dems are hoist by their own petard.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 12:35 PM

Spit, do you really think the protesters have lived up to the rhetoric from the left? Other than the idiots carrying guns to Obama appearances they are really just average citizens doing what was considered patriotic by the same libs now calling it un-American.

The wackos carrying the Obama-Hitler posters are Lyndon LaRouche supporters. The intimidators at the town halls are union thugs answering the call from Obama (and to protect the political payback in ObamaCare).

And talk about people looking like lunatics, try MSNBC using a guy carrying an assault weapon to support a racist narrative - even though the guy is black.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2009, 04:06 AM

I would rather not go back to some of those left protests in the last 8 years and produce some of the posters and describe some of the antics during those demonstrations . That was called democracy in action back then of course . Suffice it to say that Obama-Hitler placards are mild in comparison.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex & NC: Really, REALLY Proud of Myself! [ 15 Answers ]

Okay so my ex broke up with me a little more than 4 months ago, and I blocked him FB, MSN messenger, and everything else I could think of. However, I forgot to block him from Yahoo messenger, because I never use it. Well, I was reading a site, and suddenly this bubble pops up with him talking to...

The terrorist [ 6 Answers ]

Last April, in an attempt to kill the U.S.-Colombia Free Trade Promotion Agreement, House Democrats removed a requirement that would have brought the bill up for a vote within a specific period. This underhanded method of keeping the bill from reaching the White House on President Bush's watch was...

Not proud of it [ 1 Answers ]

o.k. this is going to be dumb but here I go I'm looking to find out if any one know how to or knows any one that know how to find out the address for rob meck he is the senior vice president of debt management for sallie mae student loans. When I was very young and dumb I took out two students and...

Left Wing/Right Wing Or How About A Drumstick? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been following some of the political threads with some interest... Just wondering where some of the regulars see themselves on the ol' political spectrum. Left Wing, Right Wing or planted firmly in the Center, I'd like to know where you see yourself fitting in and perhaps an anecdotal...

Are we a terrorist [ 28 Answers ]

I read most time that usa asking why arabs hate us and they spend money to change that , and that really make me surprise . I am an arab man and I wish that I was american and my big dream now when I am 37 years old that I can visit New York the city that I love even for one week. And every one...

View more questions Search