Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jackfh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 11:48 AM
    Email login failure.
    I'm having trouble logging into any of the free email clients on the web, Yahoo, hotmail and gmail. This is happening in a domain environment w/ a proxy server and iPrism filter. The login page comes up, I enter username and password, hit 'enter' and it comes right back to the login page. It'll keep the username but keeps asking for the password but never logs in. Anyone seen this before, any ideas? I've played w/ all the IE settings to no avail. This environment was locked down extensively by the previous admin (it's a youth corrections secure facility) through GPOs but, again, I can't find any applicable setting. Any help would be greatly apreciated!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2006, 12:14 PM
    So did you, then, previously have admin privleges to the system? It sounds like they've blocked you out.

Oct 25, 2006, 12:27 PM
    No, I have complete access and have tried different things under different user accounts. This is a site that my company took over a few months ago and we have all passwords, etc.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 25, 2006, 12:28 PM
    If this domain is controlled by GPO and proxy's then you are plum out of luck.
    Seems to me that the admin has heavily restricted access and it is them you should be talking to. It doesn't matter what you do on your local machine, you won't get past the restrictions.

Oct 25, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Good point! I've just been remoting back to the DC to review settings.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 25, 2006, 12:38 PM
    You need to focus your attention on the proxy and filter.
    More likely the filter.

Oct 26, 2006, 03:53 PM
    Got it, we have a Linksys router that had been recently replaced. Someone set it to 'filter cookies, java applets & activeX'. Deselected the cookies and java, viola!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows XP login failure/ boot freeze [ 2 Answers ]

I'm running windows xp pro (sp2) and I now have this problem where the system stops responding on the Microsoft xp picture/ logo just before the log on screen appears. I have tried to boot in safemode, but the only difference is that I can then use ALT+TAB to see that two tasks are running: "Log...

Email (via https) Login Problem [ 3 Answers ]

Unable to login in to either Yahoo or Gmail email accounts. Also, same problem when attempting to login to any "https" site. Have disabled my firewall program (ZoneAlarm) as well as many other things (overrode cookie restrictions in both my browser and firewall settings, e.g.). My first suspicion,...

Get the Client login name? [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, I need to get the Client system login name to display in each client pages.. I have tried following code it display nothing.. :( You are <%=Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")%> Please anybody suggest right idea to solve this problem.. jena.

Unable to login... winxp [ 8 Answers ]

We are unable to login to any accounts on a Winxp Home machine. All accounts, (even the admin account when booting in safe mode) get to the welcome screen, and then it will say "Saving Settings" and then kick you back out to the login screen again. Doing some searching, I've found this problem,...

Login Script needed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am searching for a way to send a Pop message to our customer when they log in to our server.. and these customers will be the pre paid card customers to our ISP and the pop message should be the remaining hour in their CArds. Thans for your help.

View more questions Search