Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kutra Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 07:37 AM
    Why the weird smell from this particular faucet?
    I have a septic pump system that was pumped in August 2008. Recently, I have noticed that from 1 faucet in the master bedroom (on the second level), I get a weird sewage-like smell when the water runs. There is another faucet right next to it, but it doesn't have this problem. All other faucets, tubs, etc in the house are fine. Any idea what's going on?

Regards,
    K
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 24, 2009, 07:51 AM
    Unscrew the aerator (see image) from the spout and turn the water back on. Stinky still there? Let me know, Tom

Aug 24, 2009, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Unscrew the aerator (see image) from the spout and turn the water back on. Stinky still there? Let me know, Tom
    Thanks, Tom. I shall try this in the evening when I go home and report back.

Regards,
    K

Hi Tom:

I unscrewed the aerator and cleaned it thoroughly last night. But I think I detected a faint smell this morning... can't be sure if I imagined it or not since I was hoping the cleaning would work! :-(

Thanks,
    K
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 25, 2009, 05:28 AM
    With the aerator off does the water still smell when you run the faucet? Tom

Aug 27, 2009, 04:49 AM
    With the aerator off does the water still smell when you run the faucet? Tom
    Hi Tom:

I think the smell's gone after I cleaned the aerator. There were only 1-2 black really tiny particles on the aerator filter-thingee that I cleaned. I shall keep my nose on further look out! Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
    K
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 27, 2009, 04:53 AM
    Great! Let us know if you need additional help with anything Regards, Tom

Aug 28, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Great! Let us know if you need additional help with anything Regards, Tom
    Hi Tom:

I didn't expect to be back so quickly, but this morning, I again detected the funny smell. The aerator was on.

Thanks,
    K
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 28, 2009, 11:00 AM
    When you had the aerator apart did you soak it in bleach? If not do so and get back to mne with the results. Cheers, Tom

Aug 28, 2009, 02:24 PM
    When you had the aerator apart did you soak it in bleach? If not do so and get back to mne with the results. Cheers, Tom
    Shall do that and report back.

Thanks,
    K

Aug 29, 2009, 04:09 PM
    Soaked it overnight. No smell this morning. I'll report back again in 3-4 days.

Thanks,
    K

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home a/c has a weird smell [ 1 Answers ]

My home a/c system has a smell like a cap gun being shot. What is that from? Turned it off what should I do.

Is this weird to smell it? [ 10 Answers ]

Okay. The girl that I like was at my house and we watched a movie. She had one of the pillows from my couch in her lap and her perfume smell got on it. Now I keep smelling it. Is that weird?

My mini dachshund's ears smell weird! [ 4 Answers ]

This site is great, I've answered a lot of my own questions after reading through! But anyway... I have a 8 month old mini red dapple dachshund, and I noticed this weird(bad) smell coming from her ears. I bought those ear care cleaning wipes, and even if I use them, her ears still smell bad. Is...

Weird Salami Smell [ 2 Answers ]

This is weird and I have been ignoring it for about a week now but in my living space there is the weird smell of salami and I cannot pin point what is could possibly be, anyone have any ideas or suggestions??

Weird Smell [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Before I ask this question, I just say that I've read a lot of other questions here that describe a similar problem. However, the answers don't seem to solve the problem I have. Ok what is the problem you ask? It’s this; My wife and I have lived in a condominium for 4 years. We are...

View more questions Search