Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadyHoneyBee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 09:58 PM
    Belly button piercing healing and re-piercing
    Hi
    I had my belly button pierced 10 years ago (I was 13) and it has gradually shrunk over the years from a 14 to a 6. I can also feel that the skin is thinner as I can feel the bar. I want to take it out and let it heal and have it re-pierced. However I have grown very attached to it and want to be without for a short amount of time as possible! How long will it take to heal? Do I worry about infections? Will there be a noticeable scar? Will I be able to get it re-pierced at a size 10 or 12 as I have heard it can migrate back into the old piercing. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
    babeygurl_08 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 08:02 PM

I had the same problem twice, it can mean that your body is actually rejecting the jewellery so it means that the skin will get thinner and thinner until it is fully pushed out of your body, and this can either be from infection or just your body. And as for re-peircing it the absolute least amount of time I would wait is 4 months, because I re-did my piercing after 3 and they basically re-pierced through the old hole, which you don't want. And if you remove the piercing and it is fresh and only a couple months it can only take hours to close. But honestly wait for repiercing and yes it is very possible that it can migrate back into your old hole. And yes you will be able to get it repierced.
    cutiepie06 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 10:32 AM
    After almost a year, I finally repierced my belly. My belly was doing the same. It was rejecting it and the skin was getting thinner, so I took it out and let it close. Yes, there is a noticeable scar, but if you get it repierced, you can hardly notice it. Getting it repierced didn't hurt as bad as I thought. My piercer pierced it just right above the scar. So far it's doing great. :-) Just don't under/over clean it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Button Piercing [ 8 Answers ]

I Was Wondering... Can U Pierce An Outty?

Self Piercing Belly Button [ 35 Answers ]

I'm if anyone has any tips or like the best step process?

WHAT DO I DO! Belly button piercing gone bad? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I got my bellybutton pierced a few days ago ( like a week ago) I have been using this spray stuff that the piercer gave me, my belly button is red though. But keep in mind that I clean my belly button 6 times a day :), is that too much though? Like, should I start using that soap stuff......

Belly button piercing. [ 1 Answers ]

I got my bellybutton pierced about 6 weeks ago and I've changed it twice, but I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol, which I now know wasn't a good idea, but when I grab my belly button with my thumb and my fore finger I can feel like this lump behind my piercing? Like what is it? And how do I get rid...

Healing time for belly piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I'm getting my belly pierced nexxt week and I been asking people how long it takes for it to heal so you can take out the belly ring that they pierce it with and some people are telling me to wait 4-6 months and some are telling me a month or 6 weeks... I hope that its 6 weeks because I don't want...

View more questions Search