Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious82 Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Why does my big toe hurt?
    My big toe hurts! Sometimes my big toe throbs, and really hurts. I broke it like 15 years ago, but I haven't hurt it since. When it hurts, sometimes it makes my whole leg hurt... anyone know why?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 05:20 PM

Probably you have gout and that re-occurs years later from an old injury. The joint swells and hurts. Drink Plenty of water and take an anti-inflammatory.

Tick
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 05:21 PM
    About every three months or so I manage to jam mine while I sleep, but it's only been a couple of years since I broke it so I figure it goes with the territory now. Arthritis, Gout, Osteoporosis; the list of possible causes could get you an M.D. if you could write ALL of them down.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 05:25 PM

Gout is very painful.
    Its from an excess of uric acid in your system.
    My father suffered from it and he could not even have a sheet touch his toe.
    He was a tough guy too.

Since you are not saying the pain is bad I'm thinking it could be an ingrown toenail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hurt a friend with a guy she liked, and was hurt myself. [ 3 Answers ]

My friend thought a guy I had started talking to was really cute for a long time. But they didn't talk very much and only recently started talking when something stupid happened between me and that guy. He walked me back after a party and we were both really really drunk. Somehow we ended up...

Hurt him like he hurt me? [ 13 Answers ]

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS AND HELP ME!! OK I have this friend that I've dated a fue times but we can't seem to stay together... I really care for him a lot but he has a bad abbet of cheating! I stopd talking to hm 4 about a month and tryd to get over him (that didn't work) but as...

Teeth hurt now throat starting to hurt [ 1 Answers ]

About a week ago, I started to get really bad tooth pains. I thought I chipped a tooth in my sleep. Later, my whole bottom jaw started hurting, then my top part of my mouth started hurting. At this point my whole my is hurting and about every tooth is real sensitive. I can't chew or drink cold...

I don't want to hurt my mom. [ 3 Answers ]

Okay here we go, I am 21 years old and I have a 7 month old baby. When I found out that I was pregnant I was going to college and I had my own apartment, after telling my parents they decided that they wanted me to move back home to take carre of myself so I did, my little girl is here, healthy...

Why does it hurt so much? [ 20 Answers ]

Well I suppose I should get right to the point. I have been in a relationship for the last 2 and a half years with an amazing woman. Lately things have been a little hard on our relationship causing frequent arguments. I honestly thought we could work through things and we could make our...

View more questions Search