Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peri42 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 02:33 PM
    AP or regular?
    Is it better to get a "B" or "C" in AP English or an "A" in regular English?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peri42 View Post
    Is it better to get a "B" or "C" in AP English or an "A" in regular English??
    I don't know what your parameters are to measure "better", but better for me was taking AP regardless of grade so I didn't have to take the college English class to get the required hours. But also, looking back, had I it all to do it over again, I would get Cs in everything and have a lot more fun. Nobody ever asks what grades you got, only whether you have a diploma.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 23, 2009, 10:10 PM

AP classes are weighted, which means a B will count an A as far as your GPA is concerned. Also, a high enough score on the AP exam will make you exempt from freshmen level english at most colleges.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 07:10 AM

Hello peri42 - it depends what your goals are. If you are looking to apply to a selective college or university, I think it's best to show that you pushed yourself in high school, and getting a B in an AP class is probably more impressive than an A in regular English. However, it really depends on the reputation of your high school. You may want to ask this question of a college application councelor at school.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2009, 07:18 AM

It is "better" to get an A in an AP class than an A in regular class.

It's worse to get a C in AP than a B in regular.

Your grade (in any class) depends to a large extent on how willing you are to work and accommodate what the teacher asks. If you are committed to working hard, take the AP class.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Regular periods [ 1 Answers ]

I havean exact every 28 day cycle. Lmp 9/11/08. Administered 2 at home pregnanct test the first one a dollar tree test and the second an equate test both tests were negative. I feel as though my period is here, I have cramping sharp pains in my vagina and wetness a lot of discharge white cloudy...

Have regular periods [ 1 Answers ]

What are some ways that I can make my periods more regular?

ROTH or Regular 401(k) [ 7 Answers ]

I've been investing in my company's 401(k) program through Fidelity for the last 1.5 years. Starting this month we have the option of staying in the standard 401(k) program or switching to a new ROTH 401(k) program. The roth option will offer the same funds and company matching policy. I'm...

View more questions Search