Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puppytoes90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 04:34 AM
    Is it possible to change a at fault auto accident to no fault in NYS
    How do you get a at fault accident changed to no fault? No guide rails on the shoulder of a 20 foot drop made from a culvert pipe - was clearly not drivers fault but is on the accident report as at fault. No markers of any danger. Is there anything that can be done?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 23, 2009, 05:51 AM

For what purpose? Insurance? Did you get a ticket? Try to persuade them the accident report was wrong and that it was not your fault.
    puppytoes90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 01:38 PM
    No ticket - just want to get this changed for insurance reasons and possible litigation from this in the future.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 01:12 PM

I am still unclear about what you mean by an "accident report".

If it is a police report, that is just one person's opinion. The insurance company, or whoever would adjudicate possible litigation, is free to second-guess it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 01:42 PM

Yes, I've seen Police Accident Reports corrected if there are substantial errors or VERY strong witnesses are willing to give affidavits.

I have never seen one change simply for purposes of insurance.

The insurance investigator assigned to this accident will look beyond the Police Report (I see PRs with fairly substantial errors all the time) and come to his/her own conclusions.

I'm a little confused about why you think no one is at fault for this accident. Guardrails or no guardrails a person driving on the highway, between the fog line and the center line, would not go off the highway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this accident my fault? [ 11 Answers ]

OK so I was making a left hand turn and I was suppose to yeld but I didn't see this car and she cliped my back bumper is it still my falt if it was that back of the car oo and it was ice outside so she couldn't stop and that's why she hit me. :confused: :(

Car accident , my fault [ 9 Answers ]

I involved in a car accident recently , The attorney of the other driver have proofs that it was my fault.I thaught the other driver was not injuried and my insurance company will handle it.But this week I got a call from my insurance guy , he said that the other driver has severely injured with...

Being sued from no fault auto accident [ 1 Answers ]

I had an auto accident back in February. At the time, I thought I had liability auto insurance. Come to find out my insurance had lapsed and I knew nothing about it. It was raining and I tried to stop behind the car in front of me, who was stopped at a traffic light. Their was no way I could miss...

What Happens If Its My Fault In An Auto Accident [ 5 Answers ]

Question 1: OK if I don't have auto insurance and I hit someone who is insured and its my fault and the two children in the back seat of her car are injured but not seriously are not the drivers children can I be sued by both parties by the driver and by the parents of the children Question 2: ...

Proof of Insurance for a no-fault auto accident [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently involved in an accident. Unfortunately, my insurance lapsed. I have witnesses that claim the accident was not my fault. However, since I did not have insurance at the time, I do not know what I may be liable for. If I can prove the accident was not my fault, will that mean I will not...

View more questions Search