Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemarie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 02:48 AM
    Lower left pain 6 months after ectopic
    I was diagnosed with an ectopic pegnancy 27th Feb this year and was treated with 2 doses of Methotrexate a week apart. They found no infection or reason for the ectopic. My HCG levels decreased to 4 in mid May. I have had strong pain on my left side(same location as ectopic) since the treatment. Ive been seeing a gyno, who did some tests, all clear, except the ultrasound in June found a 3mm mass next to my left ovary, which was tender. I am scheduled for another ultrasound 3 months after the first to see if it had resolved as they said it could be left over ectopic tissue or scar tissue. The pain seems to have gotten worse, and is constant now late August. ( Ultrasound in 3 weeks). I was wondering on your views of this? We are waiting to try to conceive again once this is resolved. I am 34 and otherwise lead a very healthy lifetsyle...
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Aug 23, 2009, 02:23 PM

Did they remove your tube at all? I believe from my own experience, but my tube ruptured, that you can have scar tissue up to 18 months later,as I asked myself when I was still having pain afterwards.
    lemarie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 08:03 PM
    No was treated with a form of chemo therapy- methotrexate, which attacks the living cells, forcing them to stop growing and eventually disolve..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in lower left abdomen [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having pains in my lower left abdomen where my ovaries are. When I sit down, walk, have sex, even move wrong. What could cause this?

Pain at lower abdoen left and right and at lower back [ 2 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and I am feel pain at lower abdomen left and right and at lower back. Although it is not a huge pain but a little bit on and of some times. Please guide me. Thanks,

Lower Left Abdominal Pain [ 1 Answers ]

Here are my symptoms, looking for the cause. Partial hysterectomy 18 months ago. Severe, sharp pain in lower left abdominal area that sometimes moves into rectum. Tender to touch. Not constant, but comes and goes for about four days. Then may be okay for several days before it starts all over...

Pain in lower left leg [ 3 Answers ]

About a week ago I went paintballing, 1 hit me on my left shin bone, the bruise is going but I now have a pain in my lower left leg that is activated by movement or by putting pressure on the top outer part of my shin (not where the paint ball hit) its not a bruise pain so I was just wondering if I...

Lower left abdominal pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My husband and I decided a few months ago that we wanted to start trying to get pregnant. I am 27 and he is almost 28. Since we starting trying... it seems that he is unable to "finish". Lately, he has been having pain in his lower left abdomen during intercourse, which causes us...

View more questions Search