Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ss18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Whirlpool Freezer OK, fridge not always cold, fan on bottom doesn't always spin
    So my freezer seems to be working pretty good, but the fridge (on bottom) isn't cold, I opened the bottom panel on the back and the fan wasn't spinning. I pushed it with my finger and it started and the fridge cooled off good, then it eventually stopped and the temp went up. I pushed it again with my finger and it started spinning.

Would replacing this fan fix the problem? Could it be something more major?

Thanks
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Aug 22, 2009, 08:19 PM

Replace the motor. About a $40 fix

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fridge not cold,freezer is frosty.Whirlpool [ 5 Answers ]

Exactly that... the fridge isn't working like it should,the freezer works fine... but its frosty on the inside... inside of fridge seems to be condensating

Ge fridge freezer frozen fridge not cold [ 1 Answers ]

We took it apart and defrosted all the coils and it worked great for a week then the same thing happened again. I also replaced the gasket this week could it be from over stuffing or maybe the frost free is not working?

Frost on back wall of Amana bottom-freezer fridge. [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed frost buildup on the back wall of our Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator the day before yesterday. It seems to be running all the time without cycling. I had a similar experience with a different refrigerator (top-freezer) which turned out to be a burned out (?) element that melted the ice...

G E Stainless Steel Profile Fridge (bottom freezer) [ 2 Answers ]

Approx 1.5 years ago I purchased a G E Profile refrigerator (Bottom freezer) model number PDS22SBRBLSSand it has worked well until just recently. The freezer does not stay at zero. It shoots up to about 21 degrees. I have noticed this more when the weather outside was very very hot and I did not...

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

View more questions Search